Upgrading inexpensive guitar before selling - return worth investment?

Wow, Anfontan, haven't heard from you in forever (unless I'm just running in the wrong circles).

How's life without a state budget? :D

Once I do or don't do whatever it is I'm going to do or not do to it, I'd like to offer it up for sale at HR, but the shipping ups the price of an inexpensive guitar to the point where it's not worth it. I'll have to go local. Really wish I didn't have to sell it at all, but them's the breaks.

I agree with jimmystone, if it can't be played then you will get practically nothing at ll. I picked up a G400 several years ago and it is one of my go to axes these days-I like it more than a Norlin era Gibson I had that never stayed in tune!
And as jimmy states--I suggest the bare minimum to get it playable.
Good luck notCardio

Who was that masked man?

That looks like how I get most of my electrics. Some Collegiate type takes it apart to try and "mod" it, looses the parts and sell them as projects. My Washburn was like that, except it still had the FR and tuners still on it--a couple hours rummaging through the parts boxes had it up and running.

The thing is, some shoppers won't care and some will. You can't really predict who'll bite.

If I were selling it, I might just go with reliable mid-range parts, like All Parts, since it's not a great guitar. But $50 isn't much in the scheme of things, and some shoppers will see some curb appeal in Wilkinson and Grover (or Gotoh) parts. So I don't think you'd be on the wrong track going that way.

Back