Tube Amp Kits.

ShanPeyton

I am looking for insight into Amp kits. Like DIY kits you buy off the interwebs. Is it something some one with basic knowledge of circuitry and electronics could pick away to help better understand the guts of an amp and get a new amp out of?

This one appeals to me. Trinity Amps - Vacuum Tube Amp Kits

Any thoughts or insight is welcome :thumbs up:

Over $1000 for that one if you include the footswitch kit and cabinet (plus tubes!) Plus all your assembly work/time.

Over $1000 for that one if you include the footswitch kit and cabinet (plus tubes!) Plus all your assembly work/time.

Yea the price tag is scary, i should technically probably start at like a 1w or 5w kit somewhere. 18w kits seem to be quite abundant when i googled it. I think i would for go the cabinet as well and just whip something up myself. I am discovering i really like tinkering with wood and building stuff.

Ceriatone has good stuff, but once you get it all shipped over here it loses some of it's bang-for-buck value.

Ceriatone has good stuff, but once you get it all shipped over here it loses some of it's bang-for-buck value.

Therein lies the problem. Cost averaging. thats why I was looking at the Trinity company. They are based out of Canadaland and the shipping would be a little less painless than some other sites i looked at.

Are you wanting to build a HiWatt?

Yes. But i think the realistic answer is "I will attempt a small amp first to see if that type of project is something i am capable of doing" If i it is way to easy i'll take a stab at that Hiwatt clone. Just need to find a smaller amp kit to build first.

Yes. But i think the realistic answer is "I will attempt a small amp first to see if that type of project is something i am capable of doing" If i it is way to easy i'll take a stab at that Hiwatt clone. Just need to find a smaller amp kit to build first.

I was looking to build a Plexi kit, but I was gonna go spare-no-expense. I had my eyes on Metro kits. But there are plenty out there. Just Google that shit. I think international shipping may be your biggest problem. But that Trinity stuff should be okay. You can always upgrade or customize your build to your own needs.

Back