Truss Rod Nut For Spector Bass

TristanV

Hello ,

I've been a fly on the wall for years. First post.
*ahem*

Anyways, I acquired this nice (to me) Spector bass. It's from the korean shop .. but .. it rocks and it's mine.

The sadles where all out of whack (rtfm), and action way too high. I fixed everything I could, but, to be a perfectionist, the truss rod nut needed a bit of adjusting. Just a little too much relief.

As it turns out, the 4mm hex bolt head was STRIPPED!!! Completely circular. I managed to get thing out with a conical reverse drill bit of sorts, (I did this manually of course.)

My question is: How do I get a compatible nut ??? There seems to be a whole bunch out there. Music stores in Ottawa won't help me. They say "Oh it'll take too long to order, or, call some other guy .. etc etc."

Anybody?

Have you talked to anybody at Spector? To find out the specs of what you need, and whether it's a generic size or something to be special-ordered, that could be a good place to start.

Also the guys at Stewart-MacDonald have a good reputation for being helpful; you might call them and see what they say.

There are people on this forum that are way more experienced than me with repairs, so somebody may chime in with a more specific recommendation, but maybe this will get you started. Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Back