Tone Threaders

Weavers? Not come across them. Do they tend to be reefy creatures. Only surf one reef break regularly and paddle out to that off the beach.

Spelled it wrong. Weevers, are smallish fish that lurk in the sand and deliver a nasty sting via the dorsal fin when you step on them. The resulting sting lasts about an hour and is like having your foot smashed with a hammer. Nasty fuckers. They mostly hang out on long sand beaches at low to mid tide. I surf mostly on Gwithian and Godrevy in Cornwall and they are there in ever increasing numbers. Nasty fuckers.

Ah, I've never come across them. Don't often get to surf our beaches at low tide in the summer as we have offshore sand banks and tides of up to 11m! It can be flat at low tide and be overhead by the time the tide has risen over the banks. Do occasionally get a good enough swell for low tide surfing in the summer - not often though and I've never heard of people getting stung by Weaverfish.

Gonna be shite now for the foreseeable. I'm off to sagres a week Wednesday for 10 days though.

I am picking up new bearings for my longboard tomorrow. Summer is here in north pole and intend on making the most out of what time i get. It just occured to me i spend pretty much 8 months of the year covered in snow and darkness, and here it summer and i have been hiding out in my basement screwing around with tones and soaking up as much mixing knowledge as i can. Seems backwards to me.

I also just did an OS update on the ol cellular device and it does panorama photos now. I'll see if can't find a little something noteworthy to capture!!?

Nice looking waves Jdood.

I'm fully on the countdown to Sagres now - sun, surf, sleep, good food and beer.

Actually managed to buy another surfboard last weekend too. I've put my last one up for sale though.

Going amp shopping when I get back too :)

Mutt, are you watching the Cloudbreak contest. You can watch it live online

Does anyone else ever come home pissed and start working on one of their songs? I dread to think what I'm gonna find I've done to it in the morning.

I really miss my guitar and amp. I live away from home during the week; I've just had a great weekend, either eating, sleeping surfing or playing my guitar through my new amp and now I'm not going to see it again until Friday night.

I have my Washburn in my current flat, but I don't have a strap and its a cock to play sitting down - also, amplitube is shit and Garageband is only marginally better.

Back