time frame for fender amp

lesterpaul

i saw a killer Fender Princeton Reverb today for 350 $s it has th straps at th side so you can lean it back ,it has tremolo and reverb of course ,a silver face ,and a push pull volume boost it's on consignment and th guy didn't know th age ...any clues i'm not worried about exact dates just a ballpark time frame of when it was made i'm thinking early or mid 70's the only detriment is that it has and EV speaker instead of th original which i was told would have been a Jensen ...thanks in advance

it's not worth that $350 without the original speaker, trust me on that. I sold mine for i think it was around there (maybe a bit more), a mid-late 70s model, silver face, etc etc... WITH a problem in the tremolo circuits, no less.

edit: Mine didn't have the legs that allowed you to lean it back, however... I'm pretty sure that the early-mid 70s ones had them though. I'm kinda' buzzed, so my recollection is a bit shot.

But i can tell ya' that they're great amps.

i thought it was ....

a lil high too but i looked on ebay (and i hate that place) and th cheapest one i could find was 300$s and th speaker was diff th appearance was crappy metal was rusty ...they went as hi as 700 or so ....i know its not pure with th speaker changed but man this thing sounded so good (and thats what really matters) ...so yeah a lil hi but i'm looking for things i can sell to procure this amp...thanks for the advice ...i may lo-ball a bid to the store and see what happens ...later

ehh don't matter now ...

told a friend and nearly yanked it from th store ....i guess it wasn't meant to be ....and no he didn't do it behind my back i told him to scarf it if he wanted it ....peace and thanks for th replies

Back