Switching out the pickups on a MIM Telecaster

I couldn't resist and couldn't wait to do the 4-way mod first. GAS got the best of me. I got the p-rails neck pickup since my tele can fit a humbucker at the neck. Gonna have to get a new pickguard as well, but I think those p-rails sound good from what I've heard, and above all add tons of versatility.

Can't wait till that shit comes in the mail!

I couldn't resist and couldn't wait to do the 4-way mod first. GAS got the best of me. I got the p-rails neck pickup since my tele can fit a humbucker at the neck. Gonna have to get a new pickguard as well, but I think those p-rails sound good from what I've heard, and above all add tons of versatility.

Can't wait till that shit comes in the mail!

Cool man! Those P-Rails are fun to play with.

Ya, for me it was just too much to pass up. The fact that I can get a strat-ish sound with the rail, get a p90 sound or humbucker sound, then combining that with the 4-way mod, just sounded too good to pass up!

I'd post up sound clips when I get it, but then you guys would tell me I wasted my time after you all realize how a changing of pickups does not lead to an improvement in guitar chops :/

Ya, for me it was just too much to pass up. The fact that I can get a strat-ish sound with the rail, get a p90 sound or humbucker sound, then combining that with the 4-way mod, just sounded too good to pass up!

I'd post up sound clips when I get it, but then you guys would tell me I wasted my time after you all realize how a changing of pickups does not lead to an improvement in guitar chops :/

Lol. Maybe changing the pickups will inspire you to develop more chops. If the guitar is more fun to play, you will play it more. And you can always post in our "tone thread". We're pretty good about not giving a fuck about playing chops and just listening for the tone.

Calimoose. I recently refinished and assembled a 2001 MIM Tele. The routing was identical to the 4th pic you posted. Room for a humbucker in the neck but not the bridge.

Back