Successfully Amplifying Mandolin

I want to put it through a fuzz pedal and a wah.

A fuzz pedal and wah is a recipe for feedback. A fuzz makes things louder and more compressed (creating feedback) and a wah boosts and sweeps the midrange. (creating more feedback)

Those two things will have a tendency to make a solid body electric guitar feedback, much less an acoustic instrument. Your only hope is isolation, or getting an electric mando.

A fuzz pedal and wah is a recipe for feedback. A fuzz makes things louder and more compressed (creating feedback) and a wah boosts and sweeps the midrange. (creating more feedback)

Those two things will have a tendency to make a solid body electric guitar feedback, much less an acoustic instrument. Your only hope is isolation, or getting an electric mando.

+10'ish

Let me put it this way, how much smaller is a 'tiny room' than one which allows a 'reasonable setup'? ;)

Shoot, that's just to say, or build on the idea that if the a amp is to get some real volume going- being close to it makes for quite a restriction.

So I guess it's more first what are the conditions?
Then what would be some of the workable solutions?

In a room' or not, the more you can keep a mic' away from the speaker, the better.

Back