What's going on at guitar center?

For example...
2017 American fender stratocaster
Regardless price:
$1343

Sale price:
$133

Last edited by a moderator:
Those prices seem too good to be true... $150 for an American Professional Strat? I don't think so...

Scam site - Chinese site, you may never receive anything at all.

Online Guitar Store Scame Alert.

Be Aware Facebook hosts advertisements for bogus guitar sites.

Online Guitar Store Scam Alert… If it’s too good to be true, it’s most likely not true. It’s most likely fraud. For instance, take this Online Guitar Store Scam Alert….

Last edited by a moderator:
Too late! I was just at GC and bought their last one for $133 + tax and it came with an official Fender hardcase.. and official
Fender strap.. and 50 official Fender picks.. and official Fender line cord.. and official Fender Twin Re....

;)

The 1st red flag with Music Shop (and I always do this with every online retailer I'm not familiar with)...is that there is no real contact info on their Contact page.
2nd red flad...I check the About Us and Corporate info...and again, there's a lot of blah, blah...but they provide no address, name, phone or anything.
3rd...forms of payment accepted. If a site doesn't use PayPal...I don't shop there. Only exception would be if the 1st and 2nd items come up positive or if it's a company I know and have shopped with back beforer PayPal became very common...like Amazon, they don't take PayPal.

That said...I was really drooling at the bass guitars...'cuz I've wanted to add an inexpensive short-scale bass to my studio. :D

If anyone is interested...here is the domain registration info for the MusicShop website.
As you can see the domain was created only one week ago.... :p

| ICANN WHOIS

Well.. GC is having a 4th of July sale with a 15% discount (on qualified products). First thing I checked were their Strats and... nope. Not listed as a qualified product. I was ready to print out a coupon and haul butt up there for a 15% refund on my last purchase.

Oh well :(

A Limited Edition Johnny Marr Signature Fender Jaguar qualifies for the discount. Also, a Fender CD-100 LH dreadnought acoustic. Not for me, though.

Well.. GC is having a 4th of July sale with a 15% discount (on qualified products). First thing I checked were their Strats and... nope. Not listed as a qualified product. I was ready to print out a coupon and haul butt up there for a 15% refund on my last purchase.

Oh well :(

A Limited Edition Johnny Marr Signature Fender Jaguar qualifies for the discount. Also, a Fender CD-100 LH dreadnought acoustic. Not for me, though.

GC (and others) are not allowed to advertise prices (with discount) below the manufacture set limit. Sometimes (but not all the time) you can get the discounts by calling (instead of online ordering), or if you go to the store, the clerk calls in and gets the correct 'code' to input into the order for the discount to go through. Note they have those 15% sales ALL the time. Sometimes better than that, too. Oh, that Fender - laminated top. Unless you are looking for a 'campfire' guitar, stay away from it. You want a solid top, even if you ca't aford a solid back/sides guitar. Looks for used deals, I know left handed are harder to come by, but that $250 Fender, with 15% off is still over $200. I picked up a used Fender CD140SCE (solid top) for $200 several years ago. The difference is noticeable.

Edited to add - the new CD140SCE has a solid hog top and retails for $300, just $50 more than the CD100

Last edited:
Back