"studio" pic

Edit: I found some info online Shan, looks like I'd need 3 resistors...probably don't have any of 'em here, might have to order 'em...

But if you can find out what your buddy put in between the XLR's lemme know anyway....

Yes, please do find out what's in between the XLR plugs, as I've already got some XLR ends, cable, & other shit lying around. I might be able to rig something up pretty easily..

No problem, I have messaged him already.

LOL....You should see my "talkbox"....it's a set of earbuds I have taped to part of a coat hanger, which attaches to my mic stand. I send the output of a track to the earbuds (& crank up the volume on that track, which is usually an ampsim), then I put the earbuds in my mouth, & record into the mic....LOL...While it obviously won't get the low-end sounds a real talk-box will, I can actually blend that track with another & it actually sounds kinda cool....It doesn't sound like a real talkbox obviously, but it's a different effect to have in the arsenal...:facepalm:.

Yea but that is your sound man. That the beauty of homemade shit. It's one of a kind and makes for great story telling.

But i gotta ask, how'd those ear buds taste? I don't think they make a spirit strong enough to get the taste of dirty ear bud out of my mouth.

Actually, all that info is in the tone thread dude, the Gerg suggested a bunch of stuff to me when I was using the home-made ISO cab. He suggested I throw a condenser mic behind the speaker, then flip the phase in the daw....Low & behold, I had the bottom end I'd been looking for all that time using the 1w Marshall & a single 12" speaker....

I am so in and out of that thread i miss A TON of stuff. I am sure there is a huge wealth of stuff in there i have missed. But i am for sure going to try that. It should in theory yield some interesting results.

No problem, I have messaged him already.
Cool man, I appreciate it....

Yea but that is your sound man. That the beauty of homemade shit. It's one of a kind and makes for great story telling.

But i gotta ask, how'd those ear buds taste? I don't think they make a spirit strong enough to get the taste of dirty ear bud out of my mouth.

LOL...They were actually new man, had never been opened, just a cheap-ass pair of earbuds that came with some shit I bought, don't even remember what/when/where....I've actually got another idea for 'em now using something else rigged up....hahaha

I am so in and out of that thread i miss A TON of stuff. I am sure there is a huge wealth of stuff in there i have missed. But i am for sure going to try that. It should in theory yield some interesting results.
IIRC, this was about 2 years back, but not totally sure. I was still using the 1w Marshall & home-made ISO cab. I've had my DSL & 4x12 for almost 2 years now (June), so I know it was at least 2 years back....

That thread is a wealth of info on guitar tone man, there's great tips all through it. It'd be hard & tedious, but someone could make one hell of a sticky for little tips like that...

I have that exact same laptop... got it last year at Microcenter on sale. I only use it for recording. It works great and i can run my DAW, Superior Drummer, a virtual instrument track, and multiple instances of ReCabinet and Lepou (plus reverbs and EQ etc) before it starts slowing down. working good for you?
Works fine for me but then I don't run anything except Reaper, oh and to monitor I have Gearbox open in complete bypass mode (totally bypasses the tone engine) so I can live monitor. The old TonePort won't live monitor on its own

Back