Studio Monitor as Guitar Amp ??? Okay to do?

Be Loveless

I've been on a mad amp hunt for some time now. I've tried more amps than I can recall and none have done the trick for me. I want the CLEANEST clean possible, FLAT response, and absolutely no discernable breakup or distortion. I recently started playing with my intersound IVP through one of my Behringer Studio monitors. It's DAMN close to the sound I've been looking for. Is it okay (safe) to play through a nearfield monitor? How would one mic it for live applications? I was thinking of just buying a seperate single monitor (another behri or a cheap samson ) for this purpose. Any suggestions or advice , on the cheap of course, would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I've been using the Behringer Truths with my PODxt for more than a year with no problems.. what do you use?

there is something in that monitors (their midrange) that makes guitar sound really good through them...

Konstantine

Intersound IVP. Its a Solid State instrument preamp from the late 70's with a four band sweepable EQ that is more like some sort of filter effect in it's exteme settings. Yeah there is something ...more natural(?) about going through the monitor. How loud do you take it up to?

Back