Strobosoft Tuner

JeffLancaster

Has anyone had any real experience with the Strobosoft tuner yet? I could really use a good strobe tuner for setting intonation, etc, but $220 for the VSII is a bit hard to swallow. The strobosoft looks like a good option if it works just as well, I could set it up on my laptop to use on my workbench.

By the way, the laptop I would use for this is not the pc I use for recording, so I don't have any soundcard or interface for it other than the built in garbage on the motherboard. Would connecting my guitars/bass to the laptop through the built-in 1/8" mic jack be sufficient to use the strobosoft?

Finally, if I wanted to use this to set up an acoustic guitar, could I just use a microphone to feed the signal to the tuner?

Thanks in advance.

Outlaws said:
I realize what you are actually saying, but I must point out that they are worth every penny.

Well, I'm sure they are, but if the software version is just as capable for 50 bucks...

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that they have a demo version and I'd hate to spend the money, download the software, and then find out it sucks!

JeffLancaster said:
Well, I'm sure they are, but if the software version is just as capable for 50 bucks...
It's just as capable....until you need to take it with you to a gig or a jam session :)

Seriously, I was concerned about spending that much money on a tuner as well, but I went ahead and got the Strobostomp (stompbox version of the VSII) and I've never 2nd guessed my decision. I'm pretty sure I'll never use any other kind of tuner.

Back