Strats - G&L vs MIM Fender

dogn4u

I need to get a strat to complement my Schecter Tele - specifically that glassy, in-between quack/funk tone between the middle and neck pickups. I've owned a few MIM strats over the years, including a Jimmie Vaughn, which costs a bit more but has better pickups. If I buy a new $500 MIM stock Strat, I'm just going to assume it will need a pickup upgrade. Duncans have always been my choice, so I have to figure $700 for a nice strat with Duncans. However, I've been hearing great things about the $500 G&L Legacy Strats. From what I have read and the photos, the fit and finish look superb...and I understand that the pickups are USA made and very good. Can the G&L for sure get that Fender quack? Some call it "out of phase" - I'm not sure if that is correct, but you know what I mean. ANy thoughts on the import G&Ls would be appreciated!
Photo: my beloved Schecter Tele. I wish they offered an import strat that was the quality of this pseudo-Tele... - thanks in advance, everyone. Keep on rockin' in the free world
Rudi

Attachments

• IMG_7171.JPG
    IMG_7171.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 61
Back