Strange / unique guitars you own...

That is, indeed, an excellent guitar Greg.
Interesting whammy bar!
Is that your usual mic set up?

Thanks Ray. Yeah that's usually about how I set my mics for most guitar tracks. One at the edge of the dustcap, one way out at the edge of the cone. Blend to taste.

also not super unusual but it's the only one there is ......... custom git .... serial #6 from this builder.

Attachments

• steve-2__custom_.jpg
    steve-2__custom_.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 106
  • steve-6__custom_.jpg
    steve-6__custom_.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 106
yep ..... ya' know, I love this guitar ....... it's about the only guitar I've ever really felt that way about and I've had everything.
I don't really know how many but a couple hundred I would think.
I've had a few I liked a lot, a Starcaster ..... a Firebird .... a first-run Ibanez Artist and a matching-paduak neck and body Strat I built around 30 years ago were all gits I used for years at a time.

Still, even though I liked them the truth is I like all guitars ( I really do ) and I've always looked at them as interchangeable tools.
I'd swap and sell them like trading cards without giving it a thought.

The Stinnett though ...... it literally transformed my playing from the moment I picked it up.
I went from wanting to save it for only nice non-sweaty indoor gigs to using it in the rain (true story) because it's just ..... ummmm, I can flow with it ..... it's hard to describe really but it just feels so right and urges me to try harder .... lol ..... I know that sounds silly. :D

Regardless of why, it becomes an extension of my musical thoughts better than any git I've ever had in 50 years of having gits.

I'd be really bummed if I lost it and I don't get very worked up about gear.
But the Stinnett is quite literally irreplaceable.

Tell ya' what though ..... next spare grand I get I'ma having a Mosrite!

Last edited:
yep ..... ya' know, I love this guitar ....... it's about the only guitar I've ever really felt that way about and I've had everything.
I don't really know how many but a couple hundred I would think.
I've had a few I liked a lot, a Starcaster ..... a Firebird .... a first-run Ibanez Artist and a matching-paduak neck and body Strat I built around 30 years ago were all gits I used for years at a time.

Still, even though I liked them the truth is I like all guitars ( I really do ) and I've always looked at them as interchangeable tools.
I'd swap and sell them like trading cards without giving it a thought.

The Stinnett though ...... it literally transformed my playing from the moment I picked it up.
I went from wanting to save it for only nice non-sweaty indoor gigs to using it in the rain (true story) because it's just ..... ummmm, I can flow with it ..... it's hard to describe really but it just feels so right and urges me to try harder .... lol ..... I know that sounds silly. :D

Regardless of why, it becomes an extension of my musical thoughts better than any git I've ever had in 50 years of having gits.

I'd be really bummed if I lost it and I don't get very worked up about gear.
But the Stinnett is quite literally irreplaceable.
Wow Bob, I heard you mention this guitar a few times, but I'd never really paid any attention to it...Those are some very, very nice guitars man....First thing that popped into my mind when I went to his website was "Bob outta have his pic here as one of the artists who use 'em"....low & behold....Very cool man, very cool!!!!!

If I ever get back on my feet, I'd love to have one of those man, just looking at them, they put everything else I'd considered to shame, great looking guitars....

Wow Bob, I heard you mention this guitar a few times, but I'd never really paid any attention to it...Those are some very, very nice guitars man... ...
if you look on youtube he has a video demo of my guitar right before he shipped it to me. I think it's demo#3

He does excellent work IMO ..... I don't think he's really building right now though ...... job and family have all his time filled ..... I think he plans to get back to it at some point.

Excellent guitar Lt. Bob and obvioulsy the right tool for almost all jobs based on your story. We should all hope to find a tool that fits & works so well.

Loved this bass till the electronics went out in it.

W_RiverheadBass_Silverburst3.jpg

Locking jack, body tuning, 4-channel eq, fun to play. Had one of the early "made in Norway" models. After they went to Japan, the electronics got better, but the basses were junk.
Would love to have some that I've sold. '76 Kramer lyre head. Steinberger spirit (used, year unknown), '79 Alembic Series 1.
Right now, everything I own is run of the mill. Hamer Californian superstrat, BCRich mockingbird, Michael Kelly 5-string acoustic electric, Yamaha FG335 and Schecter Diamond bass. Bo-ring, but they all play well.

Loved this bass till the electronics went out in it.

W_RiverheadBass_Silverburst3.jpg

Locking jack, body tuning, 4-channel eq, fun to play. Had one of the early "made in Norway" models. After they went to Japan, the electronics got better, but the basses were junk.
Would love to have some that I've sold. '76 Kramer lyre head. Steinberger spirit (used, year unknown), '79 Alembic Series 1.
Right now, everything I own is run of the mill. Hamer Californian superstrat, BCRich mockingbird, Michael Kelly 5-string acoustic electric, Yamaha FG335 and Schecter Diamond bass. Bo-ring, but they all play well.

You see, the problem with that bass is the lack half a neck, fretboard, headstock and associated tuning hardware.... surprised it lasted long at all... :D

You see, the problem with that bass is the lack half a neck, fretboard, headstock and associated tuning hardware.... surprised it lasted long at all... :D

:laughings: You're looking at the associated tuning hardware. It's right there in the picture. (four knobs behind the bridge.) There is no headstock (like a Spirit). the rest of the neck...well, who needs low notes out of a BASS anyway, huh?

Three very fine Burns Bison etc for you David.

That is the most bored looking group of musicians eva... apart from the singer. Props for having a chick drummer though...

Always hated the scroll headstock - the other Burns that I may have bought was a "Marvin" and had that... I thought the horns / earwig look was cooler... :D

Notice you didn't give props for the chick drummer in the second vid...

I don't think at this point she can be considered a "chick" any more, but she was hammering away in a determined fashion. Pretty impressive really. I'm guessing because of all the aerobic exercise she's got over the last 50 years at the kit she's going to outlive the rest of the band considerably. I'd put money on the bass player being the first to drop.:D

I don't think at this point she can be considered a "chick" any more, but she was hammering away in a determined fashion. Pretty impressive really. I'm guessing because of all the aerobic exercise she's got over the last 50 years at the kit she's going to outlive the rest of the band considerably. I'd put money on the bass player being the first to drop.:D

We're always the first to drop, if you don't count the exploding drummers.

if you look on youtube he has a video demo of my guitar right before he shipped it to me. I think it's demo#3

He does excellent work IMO ..... I don't think he's really building right now though ...... job and family have all his time filled ..... I think he plans to get back to it at some point.

I played around with that guitar for a few minutes, and it felt like it was too good. It was like holding a work of art, or a Bentley.

Back