Steve Vai: The Diminished Lick

Chili

Site Moderator
I know about alternate picking, but I didn't know it went beyond simple up and down picking. This gets pretty interesting once it gets past the intro. Not that I want to be a shredder like Steve Vai, but I have to admire his commitment to apply himself to come up with a picking technique that allows him to pull off those riffs. And yeah, if I can find a way to incorporate his technique into my playing, I will. Everyone knows I need all the help I can get.
:D

I think this borrows form Pagannini. Really good for warm up and such. There are a ton of Yngwie and paul gibert stuff that is in this style.

My take-away was he came up with a new picking style to solve a problem. I thought that was cool. I don't care for the genre either, but I recognize the amount of dedication this guy puts into it. That was the point of my posting it.
:thumbs up:

My take-away was he came up with a new picking style to solve a problem. I thought that was cool. I don't care for the genre either, but I recognize the amount of dedication this guy puts into it. That was the point of my posting it.
:thumbs up:

Yeah that part is definitely cool.

Back