Show me your pedalboard!

Ok, Ill play

IMG_5868_zpsn6vfrjyn.jpg

IMG_5872_zpsvmropmjw.jpg

I just got mine finished up a few weeks ago, built the distortion pedal (beaver) and the flanger (unpainted). They are great but ghetto looking. Also put my reamp and stompbox on it just to keep the area tidy.

Last edited:
Hey Nola,

A) Where did you get plans for a flanger with a manual sweep?

B) What's the wah?

C) What's a Peter Man?

D) Assuming the name is the location, did you escape the tornadoes?

E) Why does the plural of tornado add an 'e'?

F) E was a rhetorical question, Darryl.

Hey Darryl.

A. Build your own clone website
B. It's a Teese RMC3 Wah (best wah ever, imo). Expensive but you can tweak everything without going inside and has a great sweep.
C. The PeterMan is a stomp box. You plug it into an amp and step on it and it makes a kick drum sound. I like it for folk/blues. Some dude in Australia hand makes them.
D. Haha. That pedal is nuts. It's not that great on its own, but behind a ram's head muff clone (the byoc beaver) it's amazing.

NOLA - Do you know how that stompbox actually works? Like, have you looked inside? Is it just a piezo disc, or...???

LOL at "ghetto". I should post my pedalboard...

Also, D was "are you in New Orleans, and if so are you ok?"

NOLA - Do you know how that stompbox actually works? Like, have you looked inside? Is it just a piezo disc, or...???

No they don't use Piezo, which is what separates them from a lot of other stomp boxes...and why I went with him.

This is from his site:

Why Not Piezo?

The Problem with piezo equipped stomp boxes is that Piezo Pickups are Fantastic for amplifying what they are attached to, like acoustic guitars, cellos even Cajons.
so why not a stomp box? well because a little wooden block doesent have the sound you want, so simply amplifying the block of wood isn't going to give you a "BASS" sound, but rather the sound of the wooden block, only louder. So in order to get that deep warm Bass drum sound we have to look outside the square and introduce a vibrating element. A bit like an electric bass guitar uses a string-pickup rather than a big acoustic body, my stomp boxes use a vibrating membrane and a pickup, creating a bass sound in addition to the sound of the Box/puck or whatever you use the transducer in!

You can look on YouTube for sound clips of the peterman's. He's on there doing demos. IMO they're the best sound for the size (you can get them inside a hockey puck. No joke).

Ah! There's one out there that's a liscence plate bolted to a box with a guitar pickup under it. ;)

OK fine, I'll play. You folks could probably use a laugh anyway.

This is what I've been dealing with for a while now
IMG_1744.JPG
All the way to the left on the bottom is a true-bypass loop with variable feedback. It also has filtered power distribution for up to about a Watt, but unfortunately these pedals need more than that. I had been barely getting by with this and a separate onespot for the GigaDelay, but things have been wonky lately, and I suspect the power supply is on its way to toast (again).

The three pedals on top are patched into that feedback looper. They are all switched in and out at once, and can get all kinds of whackiness happening when they feed back into themselves. The last pedal in that chain is my Diseased Dire Rat - basically a Rat with clipping diode options and a bit of extra gain at the very top.

Like I said, the last few times I've plugged this in it has been fucked up in one way or another. I think power is part of it, but I'm afraid too that I need to get in and tighten up some jacks and maybe clean some pots.

I'm "working toward" replacing the whole pile with a workalike USB controller that I'm going to hack together from jacks and knobs and switches and the PCB from a Korg NanoKontrol, but that is actually several projects, and the going is slow...

Is that the boss hyperfuzz?! I owned one of those years ago. They're really cool. I can't find mine...think it got lost in a move. Ugh!

Is that the boss hyperfuzz?! I owned one of those years ago. They're really cool. I can't find mine...think it got lost in a move. Ugh!
Yeah. I mostly just use its clean boost mode. The feedback knob is also kind of a "clean blend" knob, so that as you get more feedback happening, you also hear more of the signal coming direct from the delay. That feedback signal is pretty loud (if it's doing anything interesting), but also only gets so loud (cause of the clipping in the rat), so the boost at the front gives me more room to blend the two. Course, I've always mostly used it as a boost cause I never really liked the sound of the fuzz modes. I've found a few uses for them recently, but mostly out of necessity since I haven't actually been using the board. I just pull that sucker off and use it on its own.

pedal board.JPG

From top row to bottom from right to left

1. kliq tuner
2. xotic ep booster
3. xotic sp compressor
4. boss dm-2 delay-for shorter delays
5. eh-soul food-used as a clean boost
6. zoom ms70cdr-the secret weapon pedal, use this for any chorus, flange, tremolo effects
7. pro co rat
8. boss digi delay-longer delays
9. sub decay super spring theory-reverb

I have it setup do i can have a delay before or after distortion, wah wah and expression pedal optional.

That reminds me, I think I've got a Zoom somethingorother stashed somewhere. Made some cool noises, but I never could quite figure it out.

AND, while I've been looking for things to sell, I forgot about my Rat. Pretty sure I bought it in the early '80s, and I used it very little. I guess it did it's thing alright, but it's thing was just never my thing. Never wanted a pointy head guitar in my life.

Louddog - god I wish I could learn to be as neat as you. My typical thing is a pedal on the floor going to one on a TV tray, to one one on a combo amp, to the amp.

That reminds me, I think I've got a Zoom somethingorother stashed somewhere. Made some cool noises, but I never could quite figure it out.

AND, while I've been looking for things to sell, I forgot about my Rat. Pretty sure I bought it in the early '80s, and I used it very little. I guess it did it's thing alright, but it's thing was just never my thing. Never wanted a pointy head guitar in my life.

Louddog - god I wish I could learn to be as neat as you. My typical thing is a pedal on the floor going to one on a TV tray, to one one on a combo amp, to the amp.

The first rat pedal I bought in the 80's had a different/better sound than the ones i've used after, I believe they are sought after.

Tv tray is really the way to go if you want to save your eyes and back!

That IS a very neat and organized board there loudog-that purple flanger pedal is for sure the best flanger I've used.

It had to fit in my backpack.

The switch on the wah- its bypassed and fed into the H9, so I have 5 total switches for that thing :)

DSC_0077.JPG

For somebody who had to fit it in a backpack, you sure picked a big-ass wah.

What's going on with the iPhone/iPod?

And anytime you want to send me that LP Custom, I'll be glad to provide you with an address.

Got a great deal on ebay for this aluminum case. very thin-wall, would not want to trust it to a roadie! In my new band I'm not playing electric guitar at all, but if I use the Behringer Tubescreamer clone and my old distortion box together, any remnants of acoustic tone are gone. Principally, just wanted to have the Radial (with its boost and mute features) for regular use. I use the chorus and the delay for no more than a couple of songs each in any night's sets.

4DSC08685.jpg

Back