Short scale basses - anyone play one? Recommendations?

Thanks Phil, not looking for more than 4 strings but it does remind me to check out Ibanez's offerings (for a long time I only played Ibanez instruments). I think someone made reference to the short scale Ibanez model a few pages back.

Thanks Phil, not looking for more than 4 strings but it does remind me to check out Ibanez's offerings (for a long time I only played Ibanez instruments). I think someone made reference to the short scale Ibanez model a few pages back.

Don't let the 6 string intimidate you. Plus it seems quality, perfect if you're mainly a guitar player. They also have a Mikro series you can look into if you're looking some something cheaper. Yo just my opinion, but I've played a lot of Basses and Ibanes have always been the easiest ones out of the bunch. A close 2nd would be the Jackson basses, but they have a much wider neck. Just go to guitar center (or somewhere) and play a bunch of basses. I know that they should have all your main basic ones. Fender Squier also makes a short scale guitar called the Squier Bronco. I think the shortest scale one I've seen is the Ibanez Mikro with a 28.60 inch scale.

But shit man if you ask me Fender sounds a bit better it's got some grit to it and plays good, but Ibanez wins in decent sound and extreme play-ability :D

Keep in mind I can't afford a Rickenbacker or mayones bass LOL. There is only so many short scale bass to choose from. I would rather get a full size that's just as easy to play :D

Just an update for something I discovered looking at sweetwater's website (unrelated to this bass hunt):

55-Point Evaluation | Why Sweetwater | Sweetwater.com

55-point Guitar Evaluation

Before your guitar leaves Sweetwater, it undergoes an extensive 55-point inspection by our experts. We make sure it's safe, sound, and ready to play right out of the box.

Going back to the 2 duds sent to me by Sweetwater... it's in print on their own "55 point" page that the guitar was supposed to be playable out of the box. Obviously if shipping was causing a ton of problems they wouldn't be in the business of offering this service/guarantee. This confirms what I suspected regarding the bad advice / replies given earlier in this thread. The basses are/were either defective and/or Sweetwater simply doesn't perform this check as they claim.

The bigger issue, IMO, is the review I submitted NEVER GOT PUBLISHED. I even emailed asking why, no response.

From all these factors I can conclude a few things:

1) They don't want my business.
2) ALL their reviews are tainted, because they're cherry-picking what they want to appear in order to drive sales of that product.

Question that remains unanswered:

* Are/were there problems with the batch of Rascal basses they received from Fender?

Back