Searching to buy an 7-string Electric Guitar for ambient music.

Azzla

Hello eveyone ^^
I am in search to buy a new guitar 7-string guitar. The main reason i want it is for Clean Sound an i was never an electric guitar guy ,
so i don't know the details about what pickups i should use to get the sound i want. As an example of what music i want to put it in
is Hammock. I also heard that Fender guitar are really good for it, but i specially want the guitar to be a 7-string.

Thanks in advance :)

Hello eveyone ^^
I am in search to buy a new guitar 7-string guitar. The main reason i want it is for Clean Sound an i was never an electric guitar guy ,
so i don't know the details about what pickups i should use to get the sound i want. As an example of what music i want to put it in
is Hammock. I also heard that Fender guitar are really good for it, but i specially want the guitar to be a 7-string.

Most 7 strings - certainly not the ones that are relatively affordable - are aimed at the modern metal market.

That said, there's no reason that a guitar made for metal won't get you the tones you want. Many of them have coil split options so you should be able to get some crisp cleans out of them. They will just look a bit silly though, generally quite pointy with weird purple and green colour bursts.

There'll be heaps of affordable 2nd hard bargins about though for 7 strings. People tend to buy them for metal and either give up completely or realise that they just can't use them. If you can put up with having a black pointy guitar you could get a good deal - look out for ones with passive pickups and a coil splitting option.

Yamas

Hello eveyone ^^

I guess that most people are against Chinese guitars- probably for their own good reasons- but this might be of interest to you as a low-cost starter;

Custom 7 Strings Electric Guitar Black One Piece Neck Ebony Fingerboard Electric Guitar From China Hot Oem Guitar Acoustic Bass Guitar Facts About Electric Guitars From Vogueguitars, $285.43| Dhgate.Com

It would be worth checking out the Youtube vids for these played clean. It's a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 which I got for playing dirt and found it sounds very sweet clean. Here's mine.

Back