Sansamp

saucy jack

What do yall think of "classic" sansamp
stii prefer to record amps but needing something quick and easy to do demos with....
i lean towards clean or grindy sounds not over the top metal
how does this compare to POD or J station.. ive demoed pod and wasnt that impressed

i own both the pod and the sans amp.
the sans amp has its own sound.it does that sound fairly well,but its not all that versatile.
the pod is just so much cooler to me.really the pod is it.
also you may want to consider the yamaha dg.

theres no way to say whats the best.but, since i got my pod the sans amp stays in the closet.in fact i havent used the sansamp once since i got the pod.

the pod is nice.some people prefer the yamaha dg though.

the j-station ive been told is good for heavy metal sounds, but thats it.

the pod may have not impressed you because its too clean, but if you add a pre amp you can change that.
also try out the yamaha dg.the sans amp has its soud, personally thats a sound i dont care for.

really theres no magic tone solution.if you play with these devices there are a few good sounds on them.you need to experiment and adjust your playing though.still, i prefer an amplifier.

One of my brothers has the old sansamp and my other brother has the pod.I bought the j-statio instead.S/PDIF digital out,deep editing from the front panel,5 effects per voice,foot switchable with any midi pedal.The j-station is very impressive.

Tom

thanks for replies
different strokes for different folks...thats what keeps music fun

any comment on the j station bass models?
this could be a selling point for me

The j-station has three amp models.I like the patch "modern rock delay",I think its called.I used my Jackson Pro bass and the precision pickups to demo with through a Hafler power amp into a PA cabinet with a 15" bottom,ported with a horn.I'm very impressed with the j-station.Its 24 bit vs 20 bit on the pod and the effects section is way better.

Tom

it seems almost everyone goes through the same dilemma , hmmmmm pod, jstation, pod, jstation,pod,jstation,pod,jstation etc
so i went for boss vf-1 , i was too lazy to go down to my nearest guitar shop, i tihnk they're all crap anyway. so i just read around the internet seemed cool for me.

i've tryed a pod more recently and i wasn't too impressed but maybe i'm missing something. I guess my boss sound a bit more digital but that aint always a bad thing in this day and age where everything is analog or analog simulating.

the extra features also appealed to me, s/pdif out 24bit, and it also does more than guitar, it has mic simulater on it, keyboard effects, studio effects, reverbs, the list goes on, check out some reviews at harmony central.
ok it don't have pedals built in but i don't think i'd want my hard earned new toy on the grubby floor being stamped on and haveing beer spilt on it, much safer up there on the side. you can get standard footpedals (two) or midi ones with god knows how many pedals on.

i've deceided though that they are never gunna sound that good, well not for some time anyway, so i'm saving my pennies to buy a laney all tube half stack. mmmmmmmmmmmm hopefully with my boss it should sound cool

you can hear a track of mine using (just) the boss for guitar effects at
http://listeningroom.lycos.com/fan/bands/nicksellen/Band.html
OR

http://www.mp3.com/nicksellen

home(http://www.nicksellen.20m.com) <--- crappy site, being redun now

ok cheers

Back