Repairing the electricpart of an acoustic/electric

Resurrect

So, I have a really nice washburn. But the electronics are going out on it. When played, it will be clear, then I'll bump the guitar (even slapping the strings with my palm wilk do it.) Then the electronics will cut out. Another good slap will bring em back. I thought it was probly a loose connection, but cant find one. Any ideas? I dont trust the guys at my local guitar repair shop. They put a sizeable nick on this guitar already, and broke the nut on another

Find another shop!
My first guess is tha the UST - under-saddle piezo pickup - has come loose. Do you have one of those little mirrors on a handle (like dentists use) so you can look inside the guitar?

Find another shop!
My first guess is tha the UST - under-saddle piezo pickup - has come loose. Do you have one of those little mirrors on a handle (like dentists use) so you can look inside the guitar?

I don't, but I can easily get one. As far the shop, it's kinda weird. I have several friends who get their guitars repaired there, and they have had no issues. It seems I'm the only one.

Back