Quick danelectro question

Dano is such a cool brand - by any measurable sense of asthetics, they are spectacularly ugly - but for some reason it just works and looks cool.

I have a Danelectro FAB Flange. Its not the most organic sounding flange in the world, its a bit on the robotic side, but it is a good sound and it certainly looks cool.

Also, what's the Ampeg vertical 2x10 that you've got there? How does it sound?

That's the Micro CL. It sounds awesome and is loud as f*ck! I couldn't believe how loud this thing was when I first got it. It has absolutely no problem keeping up with a drummer or anything. My primary instrument is guitar (bass is secondary), so bassists may be more snobby about it, but for $350, it's a killer rig IMHO, and it's extremely portable.

Ha! I had to go back and reread your original post because all I did was check out the picture of your awesome Dano. :)

Yes I do/did have that same problem with mine. I figured it was because, as others have said, the pickups were probably identical, and the string vibration at the neck is much greater than at the bridge. I adjusted the heights of both to compensate for it, but the neck is still a bit louder. It's livable though. If I remember correctly, the middle position on mine is the loudest of all.
I've been adjusting heights and feel like I've gotten it a little better off now. The more I play around with it though the less I think I'd ever use the bridge pickup so I guess it doesn't really matter all that much. The neck pickup sounds f*cking great and I love the extra little bit of trebly bite that the middle switch position adds. That bridge pickup by itself is just too...thin and bright for my taste.

Yeah, it's kind of more like an effect. Something that you would only use in very specific situations. But it's fun to play around with.

I use the bridge pickup often, probably slightly more than the neck, with the middle position being used the least.

Well, I guess it does depend on what kind of music you're playing. Surf music or Beatle-esque, it'll get used more, blues-rock, not so much.

Conversion makes that AUS$568. If I bought from the US & shipped the guitar - say AUS$100 - I'd still come out a couple of hundred cheaper than buying locally! Hmmmm.

Everybody should own one Danelectro, they're fun guitars. I have a six string Hodad and a DC twelve string. I also have a boner for a Longhorn bass.

That orange Dano is fucking sweet.

Back