PRS Hollowbody

dan

Im just wondering if anyone besides me has played or owned a prs hollowbody II or even the artist or Mccarty archtop models.

Im completely in love with the Hollowbody II design. Its perfect in every detail for what Im after and its a visual work of art as all PRSs tend to be.

The construction of it isnt that different from the solid models. The width at the rim is only 1-1/2" and its a hollowbody. Its like a regular size PRS just hollowed out in the middle.

To me this is an ingeniouse idea. Not only does it have the warm smooth deep sound of a jazz hollowbody, but it also has a very bright sound too. Of coarse I like dark warm milky saturated silky soundes as opposed to bright highend sounds so I may be biased but it does not have the same feedback problems they tend to. Being a hollowbody it does have more feedback tendancies but in my opinion its just the right amount to have a perfect controlled feedback sound.

If you dont like the FB just turn away from the amp and it WONT give you a problem. Its lso got the punchiest sounding bridge PU that Ive Heard. The PUs are matched perfectly to this instrument. Some come with a Piezo too.

The thing has no routing. All controlles and switches were installed carefully through the F hole.

Of coarse it could use the rotary switch options on most PRSs (it only has 1 vol 1 tone and a 3 way switch as opposed to the 2 vol 1 tone & 5 way on others with coil tapping) but even W/O these its a great guitar.

Back