Plugging bass into regular amp...

rynomig

this has probably been asked already, but i was wondering if i could plug my bass guitar into my Kustom65 guitar amp, without doing any damage? (i have a 400watt peavey head and 18" black widow cab, but its 12 hours away) and i need to satisfy my bass needs.

Bad idea, it's not made for that.

You could only get away with it if you played at a very low volume.

You could do it. It probably won't sound great, as most guitar amps don't have the frequency response to cover the low-low frequencies very well (they are mostly mid-heavy). I wouldn't recommend cranking the bass and trying to blow your speaker to get a decent sound, either. But, if youse needs bass, youse needs bass, ya dig! :p

thanks, i wasn't gonna go loud anyway, just didn't want to put my amp at risk...so now i'll be able to satisfy my bass needs until i get back home. (i'm away for college)

be careful you can blow your cone. but actualy, i played a bass through my amp once, and i could just hear a little difference in the sound of my amp.

what the hell!?

of course you can

and you can fuckin crank it too

its the same as doing a long ass drone with a guitar and trning up your bass knob on the EQ, you'd blow it

well, same with your bass, if you dig fuzzed out bass, then ya man!

there both guitars, it slike saying if you detune your guitar really far, should you unplug it really quickly!

you do realize there was a time when there wa sno such thing as a bass amp right... this is a newer concept, not too new, but newer

of course you can play a GUITAR through an AMP

whether that guitar plays around the middle C or an octave below it, the damn things are guitars.

but ya, if the bass is wired actively i wouldn't so much suggest it, all them low frequencies being boosted into speakers not quite designed for those particular harmonics to be boosted might get you a smellin the fine speaker smoke.

but other than that my band uses the same rig on bass as guitar, and were young and psycho and turn everything all the way up (ya, we;re a sound mans nightmare, but they deal with it) and it hasn;t failed yet...

i'd work if you want to blow the crap out of your guitar amp. KEep it quiet adn you'd get away with it like Buck 62 said.

captain fuzz said:
what the hell!?

of course you can

and you can fuckin crank it too

its the same as doing a long ass drone with a guitar and trning up your bass knob on the EQ, you'd blow it

well, same with your bass, if you dig fuzzed out bass, then ya man!

there both guitars, it slike saying if you detune your guitar really far, should you unplug it really quickly!

you do realize there was a time when there wa sno such thing as a bass amp right... this is a newer concept, not too new, but newer

of course you can play a GUITAR through an AMP

whether that guitar plays around the middle C or an octave below it, the damn things are guitars.

but ya, if the bass is wired actively i wouldn't so much suggest it, all them low frequencies being boosted into speakers not quite designed for those particular harmonics to be boosted might get you a smellin the fine speaker smoke.

but other than that my band uses the same rig on bass as guitar, and were young and psycho and turn everything all the way up (ya, we;re a sound mans nightmare, but they deal with it) and it hasn;t failed yet...[NO you can't do that it will blow the crap out of the amp. your normal guitar amop can't take that much bass]

Back