Parametric for Instrument Levels?

punkin

Univalve & Avatar Speaks
I've been doing a little googling but I'm not getting the info as I had hoped. I'm gonna take the short cut here and see if anyone esle has already been here...

I can find parametric EQ's all over the place but none so far indicate that they're intended for instrument (guitar) level inputs. I find that most are set up for much higher levels as they would be for DJ type of gear.

Anyone have a lead on a reasonably priced parametric for instrument levels?

Thanks!

punkin said:
I've been doing a little googling but I'm not getting the info as I had hoped. I'm gonna take the short cut here and see if anyone esle has already been here...

I can find parametric EQ's all over the place but none so far indicate that they're intended for instrument (guitar) level inputs. I find that most are set up for much higher levels as they would be for DJ type of gear.

Anyone have a lead on a reasonably priced parametric for instrument levels?

Thanks!

I built a 4 band parametric eq several years ago from a kit that was sold by PAIA electronics. I think it may work for what you are needing it for-it did take about a full day to solder it all together, but I would triple check each step along the way to be sure I wasn't screwing anything up. I don't know if you are into the 'techie stuff' like building you're own. Are you needing -10db levels for it I take it? The website doesn't say for sure.

http://www.paia.com/proddetail.asp?prod=6760K&cat=27

Back