Overdrive pedal?

ROYAL

Hey whats up? Im lookin fer an overdrive pedal.I play a tele into a super reverb.I use a Big Muff fer my distorted sound but I need somthing inbetween the clean fender sound and the Big Muff.I no I could just turn my amp up butt I cant do that at home and anyway I dont like to turn my amp up that much.I like to have a real clean sound and to me it sounds better right before it breaks up.So I want somthing that is dynamic and will break up butt still have the fender tone.Ill use it fer recording and maby live as well.Thank fer any help

Sounds to me like your just looking for a little overdrive.
The Boss 'overdrive' pedal does a pretty good job of just adding that little push. Ive got a Denelctro Daddy-o that I curretly use for this purpose as well (set on low distortion). Theres lots of pedals out there, and you're gonna have to try them to see if its what youre looking for. I usually stay away from DOD pedals cause the ones Ive tried add alot of noise to my signal. They do make some cool effects though. Boss, DOD, Guyatone, Danelectro, Tech-21, etc, etc
So, Go check out all the distortion/fuzz/overdrive pedals at your nearest music store and see what you like.
hope this helps,
Todd

I have a Tele into a SuperReverb too, I don't think you can acually overdrive the amp at a bedroom volume with an overdrive pedal. If you put the amps volume on 1 or 1 1/2, you can't even turn up the guitar volume past 2 or 3. An OD pedal will essensially be like putting your guitar volume at 4 or 5, or more.

I guess you misunderstood me I dont want to overdrive the amp I want an overdrive pedal.I do have a daddy-o I like it but it changes the sound of the amp a little too much.I was wondering if anybody has used a power soak or those Tone Bone plug and play tube adapters?By the way isn't the Tele/Super Reverb a great combination.

I love it. I got a '52 RI Tele. I just got the Super about two weeks ago. Running it stereo with my BJ.

The purpose of an OD pedal is to send a hotter signal to the amp. Kind of, but not the same, as Rolling the volume on the guitar.

Sounds like you want more of a slight distortion. Check out a BOSS Blues Driver. And when you crank it.......well, you'll see.

The new YJM DOD pedal (its a Malmsteen modified 250). Gain down, Volume up.

Hughes and Kettner Tubefactor-From clean boost to AC/DC and Priest. I own one, and it sounds great. It even makes a JCM900 sound cool.

Boss Bluesdriver, to my ears it sounds tighter than the overrated Ibanez Tubescreamer (TS-9).

Forget the Muff, since it's not even a distortion, it's a fuzz.
Oh, and a few 'boutique' pedals to consider:

Visual Sound Route 66 (OD + comp)
Banzai Fireball II (super versatile OD/DS + comp)
Fulltone Fulldrive II (however, I liked the clips of the Banzai better)

I have a good old fashioned tube screamer, and he does a great job. I like its sound much more like a Boss overdrive, although it's a matter of taste.

ROYAL said:
I guess you misunderstood me I dont want to overdrive the amp I want an overdrive pedal.I do have a daddy-o I like it but it changes the sound of the amp a little too much.I was wondering if anybody has used a power soak or those Tone Bone plug and play tube adapters?By the way isn't the Tele/Super Reverb a great combination.

I also have a Daddy-O and I can dial in the exact sound of my Fender amp, but I have an old 50w Bassman and they may have designed the Daddy-O to sound like it anyway. I'd suggest that you try tweeking those EQ knobs a little more.

Try out the Marshall Distortions...

JackHammer: the maximun lead you will hear comes from this pedal. I already own this one.

Guv'nor Plus: I think is one of the most sweet and clasic overdrives I have ever heard. I'll be buying it soon.

Try both sincerely and you might like them.

... or else try the Line 6 distortion pedal. It has simulations of the bests overdrives and all kinds of dist. sounds you will be able to use.

"Boss Bluesdriver, to my ears it sounds tighter than the overrated Ibanez Tubescreamer (TS-9)."

i agree,
the ts9 sucks the bottom end from your tone.....the blues driver is the best overdrive i've tried yet. (its great for live high volume)

Hey thanks fer yer replys I spent the weekend messing around with all the distortion pedals I have 5 of them.I got some great sounds 64Firebird your right I can get a pretty good fender sound from my daddy-o also if I turn down the sustain on my Bigg Muff it sounds pretty good as well.I also have a micro-synth that you can mix a fuzz sound with a clean sound and that sounds cool too.I think I might check out the boss pedal im sorry I cant play anything that says Malmsteen on it or has anything to do with him I might start finger tappin or playin a thousand notes a second LOL.LocusLarsen I have the 52 RI also I love it

Back