Opinions on Peavey Wolfgang series?

MightyPOOsticK

Anyone played these or heard much about these? They seem nice....I've been looking around for a new guitar. I really like the idea of the D-tune tremolo system but was wondering if anyone has had any problems with it? Thanks!

I guess you got your copy of the new Musicians Friend eh?LOL.I never thought Peavey would stick it to their mom and pop vendors but they did.Opting to go the route of the mega warehouse dealers.

Oh,the guitar.I havent played it but Im gonna try one out at the local Peavey Dealer.It looks kinda like the Ernie Ball EVH series guitars.

Price isnt bad at all.

Last edited:
LOL Kramer! Yeah....I looked at it and it said it had a d-tune tremolo system. I would love having a tremolo system but I like to play in drop-d alot too. It seemed nice. So far alot of the reviews say they like it....but the only way to really know is to try it for ourselves....I just gotta wait till I get some free time on my hands.

...the nicer ones will cost about a grand $--kinda steep, but they are killer guitars...the neck and fret-board impressed me the most--very playable, very "familiar" feel to it.

I think they're great guitars. I had a standard with a sweet tobacco burst, with the FR & d-tuna. For the money they can't be beat.

You'd be better off shopping on evilbay, I bought mine for $900 and it was mint.

Check out pv's website, they have a very cool custom shop program that lets you design your own and see what it will look like.

There are several different levels of quality with this model. The guitar I have is the original arch/carved top version with D-Tuna. It listed for $2400 when I bought it. It is a very nice playing guitar but I honestly think the unfinished fretboard is stupid. After even modest play the neck begins to look pretty used.

I guess you got your copy of the new Musicians Friend eh?LOL.I never thought Peavey would stick it to their mom and pop vendors but they did.Opting to go the route of the mega warehouse dealers.

The last MF catalog I have says "Recording 2003" on the front. I can't find any Peavey gear in it... I also tried their website and did a search for Peavey. nada... Is there a newer catalog? I might have one at home that is newer. I do know that Peavey started allowing their dealers to sell on the web last year. I would think that they have to allow their stuff to be sold at MF/ZZ/123/AM etc to keep in the game.

Back