"New" valved Blackstar

ecc83

I put "new" in quotes because in truth the two amps, a 15 and 30 watter are a fusion of the HT (venue) design philosophy and that of the Artisan 15 and 30.

Designed around a 6l6 output stage both amps are (afaict) cathode biased (I REALLY wish they, and others would drop the Class A bollx!) with no feedback, digital verb and all the connections, FX loop etc, you expect to find on a modern amp.

I am never really convinced about amp sound on Youtube but pop over to Guitar Amplifiers, Valve Guitar Amps, Guitar Pedals | Blackstar Amplification for a listen.

https://www.blackstaramps.com/products/artist-15
Dave

The video from the 1st link, (after scrolling endlessly to find it), is awful - the tones are good as is the info but the talking head's tone & modulation is a) boring & b) silly in it's hushed sotto voce styling.
The 2nd link & attached vid is far more palpable. same bloke but no where near as naff as the 1st.
I wouldn't say no to the amp.

The video from the 1st link, (after scrolling endlessly to find it), is awful - the tones are good as is the info but the talking head's tone & modulation is a) boring & b) silly in it's hushed sotto voce styling.
The 2nd link & attached vid is far more palpable. same bloke but no where near as naff as the 1st.
I wouldn't say no to the amp.

Marketing eh Ray? Can't live with 'em........!

After 50 years in retail electronics I am rather bull squirt immune.

Dave.

ecc83,
I used the contact for embedded in the website to send, essentially, by rant.
I noticed Richard Hawley uses a Blackstar! He has some very, very nice tones - dripping in reverb but very nice nontheless.

I watched the sweetwater review of the artisian 15 and i was actually impressed. I like the knob that goes from USA to British voicing, and that the amp tops out at a mild amount of gain. It sounded pretty solid from Mitch's review. Paired with a good overdrive pedal, I bet that it'd do anything that a non-metal guitarist would need.

I watched the sweetwater review of the artisian 15 and i was actually impressed. I like the knob that goes from USA to British voicing, and that the amp tops out at a mild amount of gain. It sounded pretty solid from Mitch's review. Paired with a good overdrive pedal, I bet that it'd do anything that a non-metal guitarist would need.

Ah, you mean the ArtIST 15 Tadpui. The ArtiSAN is a "classic" turret tag wired design that does not have the ISF feature.

It may turn out that Blackstar have put a round through hoof with that name? I am sure your's will not be the last mix up!

Dave.

I like the knob that goes from USA to British voicing
Its cool, although after a couple of months of using the amp you find that you just find a spot on the dial that you like and leave it there. Maybe that's just me though - I rarely fiddle with the knobs on my amp. I'll probably have another re-EQ when the new guitar arrives, take a photo of the positions and then leave it there for a few months.

Back