The New Tone Thread

No way. It sounds great. The gain fits with the long sustain and those pinch harmonics. Really good singing, playing and tone. What amp and guitar?

No way. It sounds great. The gain fits with the long sustain and those pinch harmonics. Really good singing, playing and tone. What amp and guitar?
Thanks Robus.
It's a 70s Era Japanese Les Paul copy guitar...The name brand is Vantage. I put a set of tonerider alnico 4 humbucker pickups in it.The amp is a Peavey bravo. It's a 1980's era tube amp that I picked up for 200 bucks.

That's what the blues is all about! Taking some inexpensive gear and playing the noise out of it. It's not so much how it sounds tone-wise as it is about the chops. Regardless of whether or not I like the guitar tones (which I do) you got the feel, baby! Some great chops there (and your drumming's getting better, too).

Sad that you would think that way. I just found out about this thread and it was helping me. I'd personally like to see it survive the loss of one person...

Sad that you would think that way. I just found out about this thread and it was helping me. I'd personally like to see it survive the loss of one person...

Well, you know... loyalty, friendship, community, joint ownership. They count for something.

Some of us spent five years building this thread, which was a community in microcosm of help, discussion and encouragement - and I was only a minor contributor.

*slow handclap*

Last edited:
Bubba Po is right. The tone thread is pretty much dead now. Gregs banning killed it. I miss his input and his bad ass guitar tones. Also, I miss his help with getting good tones or anything else I asked him. He ALWAYS put BS aside when it came down to rwcording and trying to cut some good tracks. He bent over backwards to help me.
I had started to really get into it this past year. Others, like Bubba Po and Greg had built the tone thread up to the level that it was. I tip my hat to them....it was awsome.

I just hated to see it drop off the page so I posted.

No, I understand completely. I loved Greg's input. Even if it seemed harsh at the time, it was always gold. Greg set the tone for this thread with his brutal honesty from the very second thread. I understand there were very few here from the beginning, but I only got in on the end. Kind of hoped it could run on for just a while so I could learn some things...

Back