The New Tone Thread

Lol. I've worn it a few times while guitaring. Not a whole set though. Just a last song. At one gig, the bassist, lead guitarist, and myself had them with us, and we threw them on for the final song, but the singer/guitar didn't know. So we got started and he's playing and singing and he turns and notices that we're all wearing rasslin masks. He didn't think it was funny. He's so serious! :laughings:

50s is cold for us. I'm wearing a purple sweatshirt, and not for fashion. It's cold.

Its actually not that cold with us at the moment to be honest - OK, we've got massive storms and shit but the water is still about 10C (50F). Its normally 7 or 8C by this time of year (which feels fucking cold when you're in for more than an hour) but this year you can comfortably stay in until you get tired provided you have the right gear. Probably 'cos its an El Nino year. The mental storms do seem to be getting more common though.

Lol. I've worn it a few times while guitaring. Not a whole set though. Just a last song. At one gig, the bassist, lead guitarist, and myself had them with us, and we threw them on for the final song, but the singer/guitar didn't know. So we got started and he's playing and singing and he turns and notices that we're all wearing rasslin masks. He didn't think it was funny. He's so serious! :laughings:

hahaha...the last band I was in, the other guitar player (if that's what you'd wanna call him...he was a country playing, cowboy chording guy, didn't know shit, & had been playing for like 20+ years...hahaha), he'd get all pissed off over nothing basically. Me & the rest of the band were always fucking with him, & it absolutely killed him, he had no idea what to do most of the time other than pout like a little fuckin' girl....

At the time, I had several "pointy" guitars (Kramers, Jacksons, I had a few of 'em), all of which had locking trems on 'em. Now, you can say what you want, but if they're set up decent, they'll hardly ever go out of tune. We actually paid a guy to record us in his studio (it was actually a little building behind his house with some decent gear...this was in the fall '98, & I had no clue about recording, at all...)...Well, Tony's (the other guitar player) coveted (to him...) '76 Fender Strat just would not stay in tune, so he ended up using one of my pointy guitars on one of those songs. He used my Kramer Nightswan on that track.:)....You could see that it absolutely killed & crushed him. I never let him live that down, nor did the rest of the band. This was right before Christmas that year, & we all bought him a tuner for his Christmas present, so he got like 4 tuners that year...hahaha

While he was a pretty good guy, he was a total douche most of the time. I remember him telling me "don't dial it in to sound like KISS", when I was tweaking the SansAmp thing at that studio...lol....He though KISS was heavy metal...this guy's musical hero was Marty Stuart, which in that part of the music world, is somebody, but holy fuck....:facepalm:.

I like the "Greggae" pic the best dude......

At the time, I had several "pointy" guitars (Kramers, Jacksons, I had a few of 'em), all of which had locking trems on 'em. Now, you can say what you want, but if they're set up decent, they'll hardly ever go out of tune.
Yup, I get my RG570 down off the wall occasionally - its always in tune. Even though the strings are fucking rotten now.

I like the font.
If the T Shirt said Greg - well, that'd be really funny and get up the nasal hairs.
Bootsy Greg & Robert Nesta Greg. Such variety. I've heard you do reggae but not funk - not even **** soundtrack funk. Is this foreshadowing.
Welcome back Greg. The absence of you, Rami & kcearl concurrently left a big BIG hole in the whole.
Not much in the way of tones at all.
Someone's earlier post left me wondering what it would be like if you exercised you demons.
They'd probably be wrapped in capes with el bastardo masks on flexing for the audience.
When do we hear tones in song?

I like the font.
If the T Shirt said Greg - well, that'd be really funny and get up the nasal hairs.

Haha, when I was a kid we'd wear t-shirts with our names ironed on the back with cheap plastic iron-on appliques. It was cool 80s kid style. BMX bikes, short shorts, tube socks, and t-shirts with your name on it.

Back