The New Tone Thread

I used it quite a bit in one band before moving to Florida. I didn't use it as much for 'talking' as I used it for wah-wah type sounds.
It's an extremely cool sound and way more versatile than a wah.

But .... it's a PIA additional bunch of crap to set up for live use and if you don't have a band with material it's useful for, no point in hauling it around.
Since over here I mostly do solo work I don't use it much but I have pulled it out a time or two for band work simply because it sounds SO cool.

I agree 110% the talkbox is a cool effect man, I've always wanted one...I can see where it would be a pain in the ass for what you're doing right now, but in a band, it would be so cool...I also think it'd be really cool to have it here/there in some of my recordings, again, I've always liked it....

Maybe sometime if/when you get time, do a little clip for me with your Rocktron Bob????

Gonna go grab a bite to eat, be back shortly........:).

I'm about to be offline for a few days so I'll leave you guys with this absolute shit nonsense Greg wankfest! This is about as noodly as I can do. :(

This was done at a peaceful volume. The kids are watching TV in the other room and they didn't scream and run, so it wasn't that loud. It was louder than a TV in my own room though. So it's somewhere between louder than a TV in the same room, but not loud enough to bug the rest of the house.

Gibson Angus SG - Angus sig humbucker bridge/57 Classic neck - switching back and forth. Did a little tone knob rollback on the neck p/u at one point.
Marshall JVM 410 - OD2 Orange
Presence - 5
Bass - 6
Mid - 8
Treb - 4
Gain - 2
Channel vol - 2.5
Master vol - 2
Reverb - 7
TC Electronic Flashback delay in loop
Marshall 1960a 4x12 - Greenback - Senn e609 dustcap/cone, Audix i5 edge - full blend
Both mics on axis, about 2" off grill.
No EQ.
Added reverb in DAW hard panned to one side ala Eddie Van Wanken
Oh and somewhere in the middle of this mess I kicked on the Tube Screamer as a clean boost. No dirt, full level.

Greg sucks!

LOL

Sounds good mate but there's way too much reverb! I could hear the bounceback in my right ear.

Sounds like you're merrily shredding there Greg. Give me a shout if you want to buy an ibanez RG so you can add some dive bombs to your repertoire.

Cool but the reverb sounds like metal being banged & damped.
You've just joined the mid 70s rock pantheon.
Offline for a while - hope it's not a problem.
We have no mobile for the next several days and, if it rains, no landline either.

Nice! You can borrow my RG550 whenever you want - remember that :) - oh - and I just saw a Kemper on Craigslist. I spent my allowance on that cabinet, so I suppose it's up for grabs

Greg, mines an RG570. Got to be better, it had a bigger number!

(Really the only difference is it doesn't have a pick guard)

Haha, no thanks dude. I don't like super strats, or regular strats, or any strats! An SG is all the "shred" guitar I need. Unless you have a lawsuit Ibanez. I'll play one of those. :D

Sounded ok dude, of course I knew you were just fuckin' around, I bet if you took all the 'verb off it, it'd sound great like a normal Gerg tone...:)

Where the fuck is everyone?
I've been busy but I do have some clips of my more-dialed-in RP360 sounds that I'll get up in the next day or two ..... right now I gotta go walk the dog and then head to work playing for the tourists ...... stupid ---- freakin' ---- tourists!!
:D

I've been busy but I do have some clips of my more-dialed-in RP360 sounds that I'll get up in the next day or two ..... right now I gotta go walk the dog and then head to work playing for the tourists ...... stupid ---- freakin' ---- tourists!!
:D

Haha I just spent a week down at the beach and I saw a lot of one-man-bands playing for tourists. One dude was really good. He had his little backing track laptop and he played some chicken-pickin country type stuff and Texas Blues on a regular ol Tele into a small Mesa combo. I was quite impressed with him.

Haha I just spent a week down at the beach and I saw a lot of one-man-bands playing for tourists. One dude was really good. He had his little backing track laptop and he played some chicken-pickin country type stuff and Texas Blues on a regular ol Tele into a small Mesa combo. I was quite impressed with him.
must have been me!! :D

Mullet were jumping out of the surf all weekend. Right next to people. Kinda funny. One guy fishing was pulling them in left and right.

Mullet were jumping out of the surf all weekend. Right next to people. Kinda funny. One guy fishing was pulling them in left and right.

Mullet is the generally preferred bait. Shrimp will catch anything, but mullet will catch the big stuff. I catch em by the dozen in my cast net. But the upper Texas coast is a mess this year. All that rain we had last month empties into that area of the gulf. Too much muddy freshwater dumping into the saltwater. :(

Back