New Old Bass...

if you buy pickups to upgrade the squier I highly recommend the EMG Geezer Butler signature set. I have a set in a project P bass and they sound awsome!

They are 100 bucks for a set, but they come with the tone and volume pots. The wires all clip in and no soldering is required!

I just partially disassembled my new RBX 170 to check out all the connections. It's got the short insert jack - that makes this a good transplant recipient for the EMG GZR PJ's - and especially as I no longer have any of my soldering gear.

sounds like a good design, solderless. even more so the whole kit thing for that money is a great deal it seems.
plus if you dont like the pups you can disassemble it easily and send it back.

sounds like a good design, solderless. even more so the whole kit thing for that money is a great deal it seems.
plus if you dont like the pups you can disassemble it easily and send it back.
There is a lot of discussion of the geezer butler pups on the talkbass forum. Seasoned veteran bass players were raving about how good these pups were. So, I gave them a shot and I love them!

just a gearnote... sons bass player checked out the 3 bass's and the Peavey Fury was the fav.

which one would be better to upgrade/mod? I'll still guess the Squier P-bass.

Back