New Guitar

pikingrin, if you can possibly afford it and have a specification in mind give them a call to discuss. Based on this guitar I can't recommend them enough.
Dude, I wish I could afford it right now but it's not going to happen for another year or two. Small things, here and there, sure...a custom git? Probably not. I follow Ben's vids on the youtube and have a plan to build one myself out of local timer (northern ash body, at least) that's been seasoning in my brother-in-law's woods (plenty of wildlife to urinate on it so hopefully it's figured as nicely as that walnut top you got). One of these days...

Until then, give us some tones!

Well I'm now gonna sell my other guitars to retrospectively refill my bank account. Well.. I reckon they're collectively worth about a grand, so maybe not refill it but it's better than fuck all.

Until then, give us some tones!
Well, there's at least half a dozen songs that have been written and recorded with a combination of shit sims and too quiet guitars. They're all gonna get the treatment from the new guitar. I'm also gonna get a proper bassist and drummer to play on them.

Bens vids are quite good aren't they, he's just really informative and interesting... When he's talking about guitars... Not quite so much when he's getting over enthusiastic about his collection of wood planes!

Sounds nice. Very nice. Not fond of the bass tone, but that's not what we're listening to, now is it?
Shite init. It's a honer Rockwood bass with strings that are at least 10 years old on it but it's all I have to hand. The amps not that loud either and I don't have a mic stand with me.

Recon I can get the guitar tone a fair bit better than that this weekend.

That guitar has some gorgeous graining happening. Neck thru body, beautiful natural colors...that is a fine looking instrument!

Back