New Bass day...

Stashman66

Hey all.
So, after YEARS of scouring pawnshops, music stores, and the like, I finally SCORED!!!
I've been a vintage guitar/amp collector for years, but never really came out on top, in terms of "The Deal." That changed this morning.
While I was out shopping, I ended up at the last destination on my list, a small pawn shop in a neighboring town that USUALLY has a lot of the same old-same old, but as I was leaving I noticed they had something new, well new to the store that is, and I looked twice and couldn't believe it! An 80's B.C. Rich Mockingbird almost mint. So, I inquire and I'm guessing the price is gonna be at the very least $1500. And that's at the lower end of the spectrum as this thing is near mint and has the original hard shell case. So, he gets on the ladder and inspects the tag and says, "$400." I'm thinking to myself, "no freaking way!"
So, my answer was, "how about $350 and tax?" Owner says, "deal." I walk out with said bass and came home to do my homework...
It's an "82" Mockingbird "Koa" with maple stringers, Badass bridge, and all the fixings!!!
I can't believe it!!! They obviously had NO IDEA what this Bass was! In fact, there was a printed page from eBay in the case of a BC Rich Eagle that was an import and I believe that it's what they based the information on...? At any rate, it was a huge score and one for the books, as it's at the very least worth $1500 and more like between 2-3K for the right person who wants to add to his collection!!! It's damn near MINT and plays/sounds like a dream!!!
The moral of this story, to me anyway, is that there are still DEALS out there to be made if you're persistent and keep an eye out. You just gotta' be quick!!!

Anyhow, wanted to share the joy I received today and just to note that
"dreams do come true!!!" LOL

Have a great one everybody!!!
Stashman

Attachments

• IMG_1053.JPG
    IMG_1053.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Back