New amp for Greg - Bladow! (lots of pics)

I've never really gotten into multi channel amps, but this kinda has me wanting one! Very very cool.

Can it cop the JTM45 kinda tones?

It will probably get close. I don't have too much experience with real JTM45's but I'll lok up some clips and see if I can get there.

I've never really gotten into multi channel amps, but this kinda has me wanting one! Very very cool.
for versatility multi-channel amps are the shit!
Plus, if you're like a lotta players and your pedalboard is full of distortions ..... well, you don't need them anymore.
When I use my Mark V the pedalboard stays in the truck.

Greg mixed a track for me about a year ago.
The vocals were very, very good though, (not my voice & well recorded by the vocalist), but the lyrics were well meaning, ernest and very wordy so it must've driven him berko but the resulting mix was simply great - he added a tougher edge to my wimpy guitars and brought the project together so that it, honestly, didn't need mastering elsewhere.
I've not had any experience with multi channel amps unless you could my Jand Clubman which has a flick switch to go from bass to guitar & back.
I'm like the dog in ancient Rome: choice is bad for me - I'll try to make the best of what I have but beyond that lies dementia. Since I aquired a 5w tube amp (I now have 2 tube jobs & 2 solid states) I've not recorded anything - I just dither.

... I said I like that pic... Can you turn that thing down for a second??? I said I like the pic of the two stacked together.

What next on your list? A stadium to play those things in??

Congrats on a big score.

Okay, you can crank it again.... :D

What next on your list? A stadium to play those things in??
I know. Don't it drive you crazy? I'm suffering a shortage of disposable $$$ at the moment and haven't gotten any new toys in a while and teh gerg keeps rackin' up great stuff.

Bastard! :mad:

lol

Lol, you guys.....

YellowDwarf - It's a Les Paul Traditional Pro

There's a cute little story to this amp...

I was looking on Craigslist and found a 79 JMP in Austin for $1000. I had it on my computer screen and was reading the description when the old lady walks in. The conversation went like this:

Mrs Greg_L: What are you looking at?
Me: Just an old amp
Her: Is it a good one?
Me: Um, fuck yeah it is
Her: Is it a good price?
Me: Not bad
Her: Buy it
Me: WHAT????????
Her: Do you want it? If so, contact the guy, find out more about it, and buy it if you want it.
Me: (puzzled for a minute, trying to figure out if it's a trick) So, wait, you want me to buy another Marshall?
Her: I want you to get what you want so you can stop looking for the next toy. (She doesn't quite understand G.A.S.)
Me: So let me get this straight, does this apply to just this amp, or any amp I might want?
Her: Just get what you want in that price range.

20 minutes later this amp was found online and purchased. :D

nice "ego" stack. I've still got mine from the days of healthy backs and two wheelers.
I think that's the model that Joe Satriani took his model from... he ditched the reverb on each channel and put in a noise gate in its' place...or it's the other way around. You listen to live ChickenFoot Youtubes, and you have to enjoy his sound.

One last thing... I just learned today that Marshall amps do indeed come in a box. I've NEVER seen a Marshall box before. Granted, I go to GC about once a year if that and make me appreciate what I already have...but this was a no -thinker at that price. So...you still married?

oh...I just read earlier about your wonderful wife. You just need to slightly adjust her...that she keeps that thinking thruout the years and it applies to anything at anytime. In exchange, you'll be the best husband she could ever have.

Mine has already been assimilated. Gear is cool. I have amps in my living room and they make my nice couches and furniture look great. A nice Fender cab is truly a piece of work. Stick a fake shrubbery on it if you have to. Just keep cables coiled and neatly routed.

Yeah this is the model that Satriani based his sig model on. But I didn't let that deter me from buying one. Lame cheese guitar masturbation is just one of the many tones inside of this thing.

Back