My very first LP Standard

Evildick

Today is a very good day. One of the guitars that I've have dreamed of owning but was previously out of my budget finally arrived, and I love it. Right along with my Strat, these are the two solid body electrics that I have always wanted to call my own. I am complete. LOL. I'm gonna be awake for the next couple of weeks breaking it in and getting used to it. The first time I put my hand around the neck and touched the fretboard, it was like it was meant to be there. I only felt that once before with my Strat. Kid in a candy shop syndrome.

To top it off, the broken Rode NTK I purchased off eBay arrived the sameday from the Rode shop in perfect working condition at no expense to me other than the $5 to ship it to them. No, I'm not advertising Rode. Time to plug in and bathe in tone for the next lifetime. Thanks for all the help I received here and recommendations that I got as a lurker. Take it easy.

Dick

You know, of course, that you have to get a tele now...then you'll have all yer bases covered....:D .....those big three do it all, and each in a different way...congrats!.....gibs

With the risk that everybody will hate me for this: Don't you guys think the LP is a bit overpriced?

It's a great guitar, but to pay over €2000 for it...

I've never met anybody that paid retail for their Paul...there are deals galore, particularly on the net......so what you're actually talking about is a few hundred bucks more than what would be paid for a new AM strat....and I like both......!....gibs

To pay that much you have to have a certain kind of mentality, and a LOVE for the LP tone and feel. Its an original and its distinctive. Yes, it has 6 strings and pickups, so how diff can it be, but look at a lexus vs. a toyota. Im not into cars myself, so I would never fork over 60G's for a car, but for those who want quality, you're never gonna ride in a car that feels exactly like a lexus. Yeah, youll get close, but it wont feel like a lexus. Becuase its an original. Quality control, consistancy, ride, cornering, features, comfort. Its the same with the Paul. Ive never played a single guitar that feels or sounds enough like it to replace it. Im sure some people buy Pauls's just for the name, it happens in every walk of life with every hobby/obsession out there, but for others, its about tone, beauty, craftsmanship, feel, and sound.
and besides, $2000 for an amazing guitar isnt actually that much. The high end PRS Guitars and Martins and Gretchs and the the like go for alot more.
Thats my take on it.
Todd

You have to look around BrettB

They are cheaper when you actually spend time talking and dealing with the person that is selling it to you. I got a good deal, I believe for a new one. I would certainly not recommend going online and purchasing the first one you see. Like I said, I spent many years wanting this guitar which gave me a little perspective on it's value not so much on the market but to me. The same could be said for a piece of crap guitar that played great and no-one heard about. Thanks for all the great comments.

gbondo9-would that be Leesburg, Williamsburg, Fredricksburg? Just noticed you were from VA, a place I will be returning to in about 91 days.

Hmm....
Still lookin for that perfect DC cutaway...
Got a Fender 40th Aniversary American Standard.
Ain't gonna be complete untill I get the DC Paul... oh and the Tele, huh gibs.;)

I was going to get a LP Custom or a PRS single cut(you that one with the compass and a clock and this thing which tells time)

Uncle Sam wa going to pay for it by generously returning some of my hard earned money to me.

Alas, my cat was hit by a car.......sniff

How many dollars does it take to put a cat back together??\\
1700------

Damned cat.....the guitar would definetely outlived it.

Back