My Triple Rec just ain't cutting it...

HangDawg said:
Cool. Glad to hear its working. Just curious, does it have the tube/diode switch for the rectifier section?

Yes it does, and I messed around with that too. Basically, using solid-state rectifying did seem to tighten up the bottom end a bit, but it really took the life out of the individual notes. It seemed to make them sound.. I dunno "colder" or "tinnier" is the best way I can describe it. Using the tubes makes it play more naturally, and takes away the cold/tinny sound to my ears anyway.

steve.h said:
Yes it does, and I messed around with that too. Basically, using solid-state rectifying did seem to tighten up the bottom end a bit, but it really took the life out of the individual notes. It seemed to make them sound.. I dunno "colder" or "tinnier" is the best way I can describe it. Using the tubes makes it play more naturally, and takes away the cold/tinny sound to my ears anyway.

You should gave three options from what I recall in the Triple Rec. Solid state, tube, and dual tube.

Basically, a tube recifier "sags". When you play the guitar hard the amp can't keep up so it compresses. Its not the besting thing for metal though. But a lot of people love it. A dual tube recifier has less of that sag, and sounds more like a solid state recifier. The solid state gives it more of an immediate immediate punch, and when you stike a chord hard, you notice it more.

Outlaws said:
You should gave three options from what I recall in the Triple Rec. Solid state, tube, and dual tube.

Basically, a tube recifier "sags". When you play the guitar hard the amp can't keep up so it compresses. Its not the besting thing for metal though. But a lot of people love it. A dual tube recifier has less of that sag, and sounds more like a solid state recifier. The solid state gives it more of an immediate immediate punch, and when you stike a chord hard, you notice it more.

Actually just two options, solid-state and triple tube (makes you wonder why they call it a TRIPLE rec, eh? :p Just givin' ya shit haha)

*edit: btw, you might want to fix the links on your BattleTone site! The pedal ones don't work, and the "/cu" doesn't have anything on it :p

steve.h said:
Actually just two options, solid-state and triple tube (makes you wonder why they call it a TRIPLE rec, eh? :p Just givin' ya shit haha)

*edit: btw, you might want to fix the links on your BattleTone site! The pedal ones don't work, and the "/cu" doesn't have anything on it :p

Thats because their are not any pages up at the moment for those. ;) I am reworking it.

But I was under the impression that the Trip Rec had 3 options, not a 3 tube option. I can't believe there is enough sag to even notice in a three tube rectifier. Do you want no sag, or just a drop into a 5 gallon bucket? I guess its only the Roadking with solidstate/single/dual.

Back