Mint condition 90s Vantage for starter electric guitar?

Well with the Samick super strat, I'm looking for different than what I'm seeing portrayed as this Vantage model. My first Electric (around '65) was a import with a toothpick neck, so I wouldn't complain too much hahah

I don't have any "nice" guitars. The best was used off eBait for $275.late '90s Korea made

Attachments

• m75_b.jpg
    m75_b.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
Hey, me too! A Spirit, something 500 I think? There was a guy on here that I was going to buy his too, cherry sunburst, but I had a reversal of fortune, so to speak.

I agree with you except on two accounts. I love the pickups, and a lot of others do, too. I'm always on the hunt for a good deal on some more of my model's pickups. I don't know that the electronics are crap, per se, you just have to remember that they're about 40 year old guitars now.

Also, about the resale value, you should check this out.

Used Vantage Spirit Solid Body Electric Guitar Tobacco Sunburst | Guitar Center

(Obviously an aftermarket bridge pickup, looks like a DiMarzio.)

But, that being said, what he's looking at isn't a late '70s Matsumoko, it's a '90s Samick. Completely different animal.

But, I like Samicks, if it's a good Samick.

Mine is cherryburst. The original pickups IMO and not bad, but not real good. I put a set of tonerider pickups in and the pots were scratchy and I replaced them with Gibson pots...just volume....I don't have tone pots wired up in the circuit (although I replaced the tone pots with Gibson as well). I never use tone controls.
Anyway, here is a recording I made using the Vantage with the toneriders

https://m.soundcloud.com/jimistone/southbound

here is a link to a thread I posted about it with some pics if you want to check it out.
https://homerecording.com/bbs/equip...nd-cool-guitar-387383/2/?highlight=clownburst

I pretty much love the guitar and it's my go to humbucker axe now.

By the way Cardio... your messages box is full and I was unable to respond to your pm

Last edited:
jimi - sorry, I know I need to clear out some space. What can I say? I'm a pack rat.

What Toneriders did you install and for what style of music?

Well with the Samick super strat, I'm looking for different than what I'm seeing portrayed as this Vantage model. My first Electric (around '65) was a import with a toothpick neck, so I wouldn't complain too much hahah

I don't have any "nice" guitars. The best was used off eBait for $275.late '90s Korea made

Pretty cool looking. :thumbs up:

Oh, and I've always wanted a Princeton, but a '64. I've got a '65 Vibro Champ. I might have it buried with me.

Pretty cool looking. :thumbs up:

Oh, and I've always wanted a Princeton, but a '64. I've got a '65 Vibro Champ. I might have it buried with me.

I got the cheap Cub 10, but I was looking a Vibro Kit. I'll just have to do slow sweepy Tremolo at the volume knob.

BTW, I rushed over here to see if you bought a guitar : ) Just kidding. Don't make the mistakes I made the last few months

If it were available in Oz for $250 I'd buy it. I've owned a Vantage bass since 81. Everything about it and each other V instrument I've dealt with, is solid, well built and sounds great. V guitars usually go for $400+ on ebay.

Back