Mesa Boogie F-50/ Mark IV Heads

JPXTom

Hey, im curious, has anyone played either of these heads before? What kind of sounds do they make, like modern rock kinda tones(pop-rock) or more classic rock? Thanks.

The mark series can go right up to metal, the f series gets somewhat close but not quite as fizzy. The f series will do a good hard/modern rock sound. I own a dc series and I can't be happier with the variety of tones it gets, everything from good clean to a solid blues overdrive to a really good metal tone. I'd go with the mark over the f but the f is a little cheaper I believe and like I said will be good for most things up to hard rock.

JPXTom said:
Alright, thanks for the help man...I think i'll go with the F, since im not doing metal

By the way, the F series has been discontinued and replaced with the Express series which looks like they might be very cool. However if you can afford a little extra you may want to seriously consider a Orange Rockerverb 50, I played on one today and it was absolutely phenominal.

That was my original idea...either that or an AD. I thought they were more expensive than a Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100W, but the 30W Rocker is actually 50 bucks less, so id much rather get that. I just need something with a good modern distortion, thats tube. And yeah i knew it was discontinued, but theres usually a few F-50 Heads on Ebay.

JPXTom said:
That was my original idea...either that or an AD. I thought they were more expensive than a Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100W, but the 30W Rocker is actually 50 bucks less, so id much rather get that. I just need something with a good modern distortion, thats tube. And yeah i knew it was discontinued, but theres usually a few F-50 Heads on Ebay.

Well if you can swing it go with the Orange, I've played and or recorded many good amps and none sounded as nice as the Orange amps.

jonnyc said:
Well if you can swing it go with the Orange, I've played and or recorded many good amps and none sounded as nice as the Orange amps.

Really...not even marshalls or mesas? ANd are you talking about the heads/cabs or both?

There's a reason Boogies are everywhere.

Buy a Boogie, live happily ever after.

Back