Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Amp Settings

Blor007

Hi,

Has anyone worked with the Mesa Boogie and knows some good amp settings for metalcore and/or punkrock?

Would be highly appreciated ;)

Peace out

do you have one? music is about you, you choose the settings you want to play at, there's no reel formala to any music, there are guidlines that you can follow, for example to your question I'd say "lots of gain" but other than that I'd say, play around... alot. don't mean to be rude, but music if from the soul, not from a book.

Nick_Black said:
do you have one? music is about you, you choose the settings you want to play at, there's no reel formala to any music, there are guidlines that you can follow, for example to your question I'd say "lots of gain" but other than that I'd say, play around... alot. don't mean to be rude, but music if from the soul, not from a book.

Sorry but I strongly disagree.

Maybe I should have posted my question another way:
I want a guitar sound that is so in your face that it comes out of the fucking speakers.

If you have a soul-sound guitarist and a soul-sound bass player and they both completly take out their mids and boost their highs and lows you eventually will get an undefined crappy sound.

Another opinion is always appreciated tough ;)

I'v always loved it when you at a show and the band drops out for a second while the guitar does a nice 4 stroke palm mute and the guitar just hits you in the gut and vibrates you.
So whats that somewhere in the 250hz region? boost that. and throw in some highs and mids. my 2 cents.

and i think he means the mesa in the thread title...

Try this:
Orange Channel set to Vintage High Gain:
Gain - 4:00 (o'clock)
Treble - 12:00
Mid - 9:00
Bass - 1:00
Presence - 8:30
Reverb - 9:00
Master - 11:00

Even better is this:
Red Channel set to Modern High Gain
Gain - 11:00
Treble - 1:00
Mid - 8:00
Bass - 2:00
Presence - 10:00
Reverb - 7:00
Master - 11:00

I like the tube rectifier setting set to spongy, but you should try setting it to Bold (more power). Also, set the rectifier switch to silicone diode (solid state) for more "in your face" grind.

Back