In the market for a new bass DI... a versatile one

I am starting to wonder if there is an issue with your bass itself. I was never fond of the Sansamp. Liked the Eden, but it was a bit noisy when distortion was used. But that does happen.

I now only use microphone on amp and run direct. Use PSP Vintage Warmer for bass tone. Never a lack of tone control. I can distort the shit out of it and/or keep it clean.

Maybe for sake of investment, post a recording of your bass. I have had a couple of times where the bass just sounded like shit, or pickups were wired wrong.

I don't think it is a prob with the bass mate, it's either my lack of skills or equipment. It's just a standard usa precision bass, it was second hand so the only thing i can think of is if someone had modded it before selling it back to the shop.

I'll maybe post a recording if i've got time tonight.

I don't think it is a prob with the bass mate, it's either my lack of skills or equipment. It's just a standard usa precision bass, it was second hand so the only thing i can think of is if someone had modded it before selling it back to the shop.

I'll maybe post a recording if i've got time tonight.

Cool! :guitar:

Back