In Market for New Acoustic

For a northern American made guitar that can be found made of solid wood under a thousand bucks and often around $600 check out Seagull guitars. I had a C6 burnt umber finished guitar, it was a delight! Guitar Center was running a sale for $419 out the door. Laminated back and sides but a nicer solid spruce top than I have seen on many higher end guitars!

Personally I play Eastman guitars a lot, which are affordable solid wood guitars made in China that are crafted about as good as anything I have ever seen (I've been working the music retail scene for years now and I've seen most every maker anybody has heard of) If you can scrape up about $500 for a used solid wood guitar I think you will be shocked at what you can find! I have seen used Martins in the price range that are great guitars for less than $600, and I've seen Larrivee guitars also in that range used.

I'm back in the market. :/
I bought a guild and loved it, but ups damaged it, and since it's an out of production model I'm out of luck.

Please offer any suggestions. Styles I like: delta blues ala robert johnson and then for strumming maybe a Dylan type tone. Any guitar that can kind of come close to either/both!

Well, this can't hang with the big dawgs.. but it fits your budget.

You can get a decent, playable dreadnought from Guitar Center - may be a store near you.. or just order online. They carry the Rogue (China) and they sell for $69-99. The neck adjusts nicely - it's usually high action out of the box. I believe there are a number of YouTube vids you can check out. Here's one with some decent fingerpicking.

YouTube

Sorry about the Guild...

Last edited:
Back