? for LP experts/historians

notCardio

I walk the line
What was the model that had the 3 humbuckers? I know it was a Custom, but was there a certain model name for it, or was it just a 3 pickup Custom? And I don't mean the artist sig stuff like the Frehley or the Frampton, I mean the regular stock 3 pickup Custom.

What was the model that had the 3 humbuckers? I know it was a Custom, but was there a certain model name for it, or was it just a 3 pickup Custom? And I don't mean the artist sig stuff like the Frehley or the Frampton, I mean the regular stock 3 pickup Custom.

It had the very unique name of Les Paul Custom 3-Pickup.

Btw, anyone had a chance to play one of these new LPXs yet?

Gibson.com: Gibson LPX

Wow - makes you wonder how the term "Les Paul" is actually defined these days in Gibson land...

I didn't see how you actually edited your FX patches on the damn thing... can't be easy. I think they misunderstand how much guitarists like discovering and fiddling around with stomp boxes instead of writing music... :eek: Too, too many switches and options on the body for my liking. There's a reason feet are used...

Of limited usefulness I'd say... and I'm betting in 2 years time, the product developer will be looking for a job..:D

Wasn't there a Les Paul black beauty that had 3 humbuckers?

Wow, that LPX is...um...I dunno. Looks like a cheaply made PITA. Gibson's version of a variax?

Yeah, Gibson's variax is what came to my mind. But $3000 and doesn't include a hard shell case, just a gig bag? :facepalm:

Yeah, when technology moves on, it's one thing to ditch a $200 modeler, it's another thing to try and unload a guitar that you paid 3 grand for that isn't compatible with anything anymore.

"Wasn't there a Les Paul black beauty that had 3 humbuckers?"

That was the nickname for any of the black Customs, regardless of the number of pickups. Also dubbed the Fretless Wonder.

Back