Les Paul Junior group build thread : Sticky Links thread

muttley600

Banned
This thread will host all the links to material posted relating to the Les Paul Junior build thread.

The thread that started it all off.

Guitar making tools: Which router?
- The Thread that began the idea of a basic build thread. Lots of talk about what can be done and about routers for guitar building.

The concept thread..

Les Paul Junior group build thread : Outline and the way forward.

Sub build threads containing specific information on tools, materials, jigs, processes etc. More threads will be added as the build evolves.

Les Paul Junior group build thread : Tools - A discussion on tools used in guitar making and which are essential and which are desirable.

Other build threads for information and inspiration.

JCH's Build thread - A thread containing information several excellent guitar builds. Includes a Les Paul Junior inspired build.

I'm building a new guitar

Mutt's Build threads - a few of Mutts build threads

Muttley's Custom LP Guitar Build - A complete Les Paul build.

Super quick uke build thread... - A uke build.

HR design and build thread part III - The build. - A group design and build including pickup making.

VP's build threads. - Just kidding ;)

Other links will be added here so we have a nice single sticky at the top of the page and not a bunch of unrelated stuff all jumbled up.

Hope this ends up making it easier to track down the info when you need it. If you have a thread or link to add it would be helpful if you run it by JCH or me first so that we can keep the info here relevant and appropriate.

Happy whittling guys...

Last edited:
Looks like there maybe some action by the powers that be to sort out the image posting and post editing options that more or less crippled this project.

Lets hope so. I'm still on board if it can be sorted.

I was wondering what happened to this build.

Just as we was about to commence they fuzted up the image posting option and said that we had to ask a mod to post multiple images and edit posts....

I don't have time for that nonsense.

If they get it sorted as per the to do list in BBS feedback we can get back on it..

This has dragged on for a while now, and I've seen zero interest in weeks. I'll start mine today.

Go for it. I'm gonna wait until I can post more than one picture at a time....
I'll take some good pictures as I go, and be ready to help when the group does theirs, or maybe just make another. I've got a good stash of nicely seasoned wood right now.
I just came in to grab the camera so I could get started. I'll dropbox the full resolution pictures and email a link to you.

is this a scratchbuild from timber stock or one of the $160 chinese kit guitars? I always wanted to build an explorer. sorry, I know it ain't an LP but I wouldn't have the routers and , thicknessers or copy lathes to build from a blank.

is this a scratchbuild from timber stock or one of the $160 chinese kit guitars? I always wanted to build an explorer. sorry, I know it ain't an LP but I wouldn't have the routers and , thicknessers or copy lathes to build from a blank.

Do you actually read any of the threads you post in?

I don;t wanna know, I won't be asking you questions or involving myself in any of your thread anymore and I wish not to receive any replies from you Most unhospitable forum introduction since I started using the net (first year graphical browsers were out, 1996) I'll build my own guitar then, doesn't phase me.

"shoom" is the new barrywater alias. He's gonna troll us until the mods catch on.

I think we should just go in a rip the shit out of him. Obvious troll or too plain dumb to listen and learn but wants to fill the place up with crap. Either way no good for anyone...

I'm still waiting for the "how to cut a guitar nut with a steak knife" thread.
My Tele project is stalled so hurry up.

My dad once built a brass nut out of a IH combine sheer pin (true story), but he worked in metal his entire life (body and fender mechanic)...also painted my first bass (6 coats of blue metallic acrylic followed by 6 coats of clear).

Back