Jam Man looper

ecc83

Should arrive today and I shall keep it for the weekend then post it to son in France Monday or so.

I don't "come here often" but some of you might know I am totally useless on guitar. I am at the moment shielding son's Mex Strat and fitting a new tone pot (have to use 470k, don't have a 220k and Maplin have gone) Fekkin! Tricky with one eye!!

Once I have looper and guitar together I can make some tests so if any of you want to know TECHNICAL stuff, noise levels and such I can oblige.

From the cack-handed, one eyed, med ridden old valve amp jockey who is about to burn his fingers soldering!

Dave.

Nobody seemed interested but son has had the looper a week or three now and has sent me some tracks he has done in his flat in France.

Attached is my favourite. I have added a "touch" of reverb, hope this old deaf'un has not over cooked that?

A pint to anyone who can tell me the song/band. TWO pints to anyone who can identify the guitar!

Dave.

Attachments

• bydad wsol.mp3
    3.8 MB · Views: 5
I can't remember the last time I used my looper - very good for easy practicing (rather than setting up to record a backing track. But for live performance, it "gets old fast" - and I've seen some real talented people use them. Once per show is usually sufficient.
No idea on the song, guitar sounds like a hollow-body or semi-hollow.

I can't remember the last time I used my looper - very good for easy practicing (rather than setting up to record a backing track. But for live performance, it "gets old fast" - and I've seen some real talented people use them. Once per show is usually sufficient.
No idea on the song, guitar sounds like a hollow-body or semi-hollow.

VERY! Close on the guitar Mike! Song was a British band but perhaps not one of their smash hits. People tended to be a bit snobby about them but son and I always liked them.

Dave.

Are you asking about the Jam Man in terms of quality? I'm not sure I understand the thread.
The Jam Man is an okay looper. I own one. It tends to have some volume drop on playback, and with one button that does everything it can be a pain to operate and lineup the beat perfectly. Good for practicing solos over chords.

Are you asking about the Jam Man in terms of quality? I'm not sure I understand the thread.
The Jam Man is an okay looper. I own one. It tends to have some volume drop on playback, and with one button that does everything it can be a pain to operate and lineup the beat perfectly. Good for practicing solos over chords.

Hi Nola, thanks for chipping in. No, I had already made my mind up about the looper. I knew Jack about them and another forum, almost 100% guitar centred, gave me SO many conflicting reports I just bought it on the specifications. I liked the card storage and USB features.

Yes, I found it a bit of a PITA to use and my son says he is only slowly mastering it but it did not cost a fortune and he loves it! I posted about it in case anyone wanted some tests done, as I have done with other kit (e.g. Soundcraft 8FX mixer. Pretty good in fact)

Mike...Bloody kids! The first tranche of loops he sent me were done on a Rickenbacker (E330?) similar but not quite the Lennon guitar. TODAY he tells me the loop was done on his Squire Tele!

The song is Quo, Wild Side of Life. Bit teary, he and I used to bang that out in his bedroom. He on Strat and me on bass attempting to sing around 20 years ago!

Dave.

Oh okay, cool! Wasn't sure what was going on here and if you wanted opinions on it.

Status Quo? They got zero play on the radio on this side of the Atlantic. A 2-button looper is far easier to work than a 1-button. I've got the Ditto X2, @ $180 new, it's not bad.

"Status Quo? They got zero play on the radio on this side of the Atlantic." In any case I think "Wild Side" was written before they were born?

Your loss IMO! Yes, I am sure there are better loopers but I did the best research I could and anyway, $180 will be £200+ over here, way over my budget for an iterate musician who will probably leave it on the bus!

Dave.

Back