J Station USB to MIDI cable?

I have the Uno that you linked to in the first post. It is very easy to install and it works very well with the J-Station.

J-Station MIDI troubles :(

I just got my M-Audio UNO 1x1, but I can't seem to get it to work with my J-Station!

Hey Strings, how do you have the Uno set up with your J-Station? Or anyone else?

I swear I've hooked it up every way possible, but every time J-Edit just tells me it can't find the J-Station on any available MIDI ports. I have the Uno selected as the input and output, which seems right. And the switch on the back is set to the little square, which means it's set to be using MIDI instead of to the J8 mode.

Also, when I try to run an update using the J-Updater, it tries to connect to the J-Station and causes the whole upper left corner section of the unit to go blank (all the lights turn off, the LED display goes off, etc.). Then I have to cycle the power to get the lights back on again.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?? Thanks! :)

okay, so apparently Johnson used the most idiotic labeling system on that rear switch. I just found something on the J-Station page about how lots of people have had this problem, and usually it's because the switch is in the wrong position due to the rediculously poorly-chosen labeling scheme.

So, I wasted an hour, but now it works!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!! :D

I've used a Midiman MidisportUSB 2x2 for a couple of years now and have zero problems.

Hooked up to 2 synths, editing a J-Station and a Yamaha VL=70m windsyth module with no hassles.

Back