I'm buying...

I'm buying a fender neck on Ebay. Where can I buy a HARDTAIL body with a humbucker in the bridge that will fit the neck I bought. Preferably unfinished, unless the company offersn finishinc options.

Thanks

Tom.

tom18222 said:
I'm buying a fender neck on Ebay. Where can I buy a HARDTAIL body with a humbucker in the bridge that will fit the neck I bought. Preferably unfinished, unless the company offersn finishinc options.

Thanks

Tom.

Get a Telecaster style body with the "bathtub routing"-I believe thats what its called. There are bridge plates that allow humbucker pickups and it will probably be a 6 individual saddle style. I think a Fender Strat or Tele neck will fit these bodies fine, I know the Tele Deluxe had a Strat neck on it from the factory. The picture doesn't have the bridge plate I mentioned but I believe stewmac.com will have them.

Stewmac

Attachments

• Tele Deluxe.jpg
    Tele Deluxe.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 56
Anfontan said:
Get a Telecaster style body with the "bathtub routing"-I believe thats what its called. There are bridge plates that allow humbucker pickups and it will probably be a 6 individual saddle style. I think a Fender Strat or Tele neck will fit these bodies fine, I know the Tele Deluxe had a Strat neck on it from the factory. The picture doesn't have the bridge plate I mentioned but I believe stewmac.com will have them.

Stewmac

Strat necks don't fit Tele bodies without modifying one of them. The heal of the neck is squarer (is that even a word?) on a Tele neck.

You can get Strat bodies that will fit all over the place. If you want cheap, Allparts and WD carry licensed bodies which are cheap and will fit. The workmanship on them is, well, barely acceptable, but it isn't the worst that I've seen. They have unfinished bodies, but the finished ones are so bloody cheap that if one of the colors is acceptable to you, then you should go that rout (seriously, why finish a body if you don't have to). If you want a more expensive body, Warmoth and USA Custom Guitars make GREAT stuff, and I highly recommend them. They also do finishing, and do a very fine job of it (actually, USA Custom subs it out, but the company who does it is excellent).

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Light said:
Strat necks don't fit Tele bodies without modifying one of them. The heal of the neck is squarer (is that even a word?) on a Tele neck.

You can get Strat bodies that will fit all over the place. If you want cheap, Allparts and WD carry licensed bodies which are cheap and will fit. The workmanship on them is, well, barely acceptable, but it isn't the worst that I've seen. They have unfinished bodies, but the finished ones are so bloody cheap that if one of the colors is acceptable to you, then you should go that rout (seriously, why finish a body if you don't have to). If you want a more expensive body, Warmoth and USA Custom Guitars make GREAT stuff, and I highly recommend them. They also do finishing, and do a very fine job of it (actually, USA Custom subs it out, but the company who does it is excellent).

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

i was looking at warmoth, but i did't think that the fender neck would fit their body.

thanks.

Back