ID Help - Vintage Japanese 12-string electric

Cool Henry. Thanx for the tips.

This obscure Japanese re-badged game is kinda cool. Tracing old Gibbys and Fenders is way too easy.

I have to admit though, Lou. I purposely removed the Black Jack emblem from my Bass in hopes that it would pass for more of the Paul McCartney Hoffner bass look.
As am sure many other people did. Or they took it off cause a corner had lifted and caught on everything.

I have to admit though, Lou. I purposely removed the Black Jack emblem from my Bass in hopes that it would pass for more of the Paul McCartney Hoffner bass look.
As am sure many other people did. Or they took it off cause a corner had lifted and caught on everything.
All part of solving the mystery. It may never be resolved completely - I'm just hoping I get a decent, playable guitar at the end of the day. I'm afraid I'm opening a big ol' can o' worms here. I find this stuff endlessly fascinating and if the guitar turns out to be a keeper I'm for sure gonna want to chase some more. I don't know if this is a good thing. :eek: lol

I was obsessed chasing my Bruno. The Headstock badge/label had been removed and Gibson painted in its place. It took me about 20 years to discover it was a Bruno Royal Artist & that was only after it was stolen & I tried to replace it via insurance. The closest I could find in thsoe days was an Eko which wasn't a viable replacement option in Aiustralia. The insurance company gave me an Epiphoe Sheraton II which completely missed the point about being an archtopped single coil it being a humbuckered plank with hollow wings. Eventually I found two in the US to replace the stolen one - I bought both and cannibalised them to make one excellent recording and one terrific livingroom guitar. Both have head stock badges and I alos bought a spare 3 pickups because I love the cutting single coil tone.
The only thing I haven't duplicated from the original is the modifications that had been made to the neck pickup: one pole piece had been removed and another altered - I think it was used by a C&W player who wanted prominent bass lines when thumb picking. It was GREAT for bass runs between chords but I really didn't understand how it was done so have left the pickups as they came.
I did find a 12 string of the Royal Artist eventually but was skint at the time - it sold for $200. These days the things start at $300.
Good luck with the hunt.
I've been trying to find details about my ancient Emperador semiacoustic bass but it's def. a rarity.

Back