I found an awsome pawn shop deal

jimistone

long standing member
Great pawn shop guitar deals are far and few these days but I have been wanting a jazz bass and decided to go to Jackson and comb the pawn shops. I wanted a squier vintage modified jazz bass or a classic vibe jazz bass. My budget was $200 bucks for a used one. I found some on line through guitar center but the shipping would put them close to $260.
Anyway, I went to quite a few pawn shops and really didn't find anything I wanted to make an offer on. There is a big pawn shop I went to last and they had 5 squier jazz basses. 3 affinity j-basses, a deluxe jazz, and a fretless deluxe jazz bass. The deluxe are active pickups and retail for around $350. I looked at the deluxe jazz bass and it's priced $129. I did a double take. I played the bass, inspected it...Its fucking immaculate and plays really good. I thought "what the fuck...that can't be right" . So, I go look at the fretless deluxe jazz bass bass and it's $259. Then I check out the cheap assed affinity j-basses and they are $159. It had to be priced wrong.
A dude comes over and asks me if he can help me. I asked him; "What's the price on this Squier bass?". He looks at the tag and tells me "$129, but, we are doing 20% off this week...with tax and discount it will be like $118"
I ask if a case goes with it (might as well go for it all right?)
He told me he might be able to find a case for it upstairs.
I said "Would you take $100 cash out the door?"
He said " I don't think so man, I will have to go to the office and see what we have in it first"

I quickly said " You know what, don't worry about it man... $118 out the door for the bass and a case is more than fair. I'll take it"
(mamma didn't raise no fool!!)

So, I pay him and he goes to look upstairs.
He brings out one of those nice padded gig bags that guitar center gets $50 for.

$118 out the door for the deluxe jazz bass and a very nice gig bag.

Killer deal IMHO!

That's the MIM Deluxe? If so, those go new for a grand. Sounds like a great score. Post a pic.

No, it's the Squire deluxe. They go for about $349. It a great bass. I put some brand new strings on it and I'm gonna do a complete set up on it. The neck is fantastic...as good as any fender ai have played before.

Back