How much did you pay for your most expensive axe?

How much did you spend on your most expensive guitar? (US Dollars)

• Less than $200 (never buy an axe you couldn't also use as firewood)

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • $200 - 500 (hey, Ibanez makes some pretty sleek stuff)

Votes: 19 10.2%
  • $500 - 750 (I wish I was big)

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • $750 - 1000 (Girlfriends? pfft, guitars are so much more fun)

Votes: 21 11.2%
  • $1000 - 1500 (Ooo, quadruple digits)

Votes: 42 22.5%
  • Holy crap, over $1500 (I sold my son into slavery for it)

Votes: 70 37.4%

• Total voters
JDOD: Thanks man, I really like it. I also like that tele you posted, that's a unique looking guitar....And, if I had the $$$ I'd buy the tele you have/had in the classifieds (if it's still there, & the shipping wouldn't be a fortune, which I'm sure it would be)....Just don't have the funds right ..
Miner, you were really ill at the time so you missed it, that tele is my custom build. It's great.

Damn, Seeker, nice guitars. I would love a custom but that wont happen unless I suddenly get rich. Im happy with my poor mans LP though.

Damn, Seeker, nice guitars. I would love a custom but that wont happen unless I suddenly get rich. Im happy with my poor mans LP though.

Thanks, man. Regarding poor man's LP, every Les Paul I've ever heard sounds like an LP. Voodoo this and magic that, at the end of the day they all sound like Les Pauls with subtle differences only players can hear. Still enjoying your Blackstone Club 40?

Is that the HT Studio 20? I have the combo version. Its a lovely amp but the speaker is very dark. What speaker/cab are you using?

We have actually been through this when you were amp shopping lol. I am running it through an Orange 1x12 cab with a v30 and a Marshall 1x12 that has some sort of celestion(don't remember the model).

We have actually been through this when you were amp shopping lol. I am running it through an Orange 1x12 cab with a v30 and a Marshall 1x12 that has some sort of celestion(don't remember the model).

haha, yeah. I remember now. I tried my amp through an Orange 1x12 with a V30 in it the other day. I remember that I really liked your tone in that clip - you can't remember the amp settings can you?

haha, yeah. I remember now. I tried my amp through an Orange 1x12 with a V30 in it the other day. I remember that I really liked your tone in that clip - you can't remember the amp settings can you?

Ahh I don't remember. I may have posted a screen shot in that thread though I think. Things have changed slightly since then I think too.

OK, I'd be interested to know your amp settings anyway if you post a few clips up. I'm working on my tone at the moment.

Back