Votes: 707 40.2%
  • 5-8 Variety is the spice of life.

Votes: 628 35.7%
  • 9-12 I'm a serious collector.

Votes: 160 9.1%
  • Over 13 Maybe I should open a store.

Votes: 180 10.2%

• Total voters
New guy here...........I only have 9 plus a Les Paul electric Ukulele.
Two are vintage

It seems I am an underachiever...................... sad,

DuFf

When I got back here last fall, I had one Chinese Rogue acoustic. Now I've got a second acoustic and, recently, a new electric bass. A new Strat is in my sights.. Hanging out with you all is bad for my wallet - but good for me :guitar:

I have a lot of guitars (12 including a bass, dobro and banjo)...some gems, some players for recording....like a Korean PRS just so I have humbuckers for when I need that sound...or a Cordoba Nylon string guitar. I am nearing retirement and I just traded a 1958 000-18 and $ for a newer D-42...that final, waited a long time for, guitar. I'm trying to not grow the collection but it is OK to swap, right?

Now I have to say that I have a great wife. She will see me drooling over something on the internet for days and say "Why don't you just buy it? You know you want it." Sometimes I will tell the kids and my wife that for Christmas I want a ( insert) so just donate towards that. I get a couple dollars of what started out as my own money back towards my next thing.

I will say that I do use very guitar, etc that I have in recording my songs. That's the test, if it doesn't make it into a song for a while....it's trade bait.

Well, from 1 guitar this time last year, I'm up to 4 now (5 if I count the dulcimer):

Rogue (China) dreadnought 6-string acoustic
Yamaha RBX-170 4-string bass
Taylor Big Baby 6-string acoustic
Classic 50s Strat

I got the Strat this weekend. The bass I'm moding with an EMG Geezer PJ kit and a set of La Bella Deep Talkin' Bass strings - flat wound.

No more guitars for me for awhile. :drunk:

Last edited:
Finally stopped buying year before last when I hit um, 15 counting basses and mando. Still considering picking up a banjo(5 string) and I have a buddy who keeps threatening to sell his tobacco sunburst LP to me for a good price, and having both heard and played the guitar, I will definitely take it off of his hands if he ever gets serious about it. I have a early 80's '62 reissue SG that I bought new in around 1984, a couple of Yammies, a couple of Ibanez a couple fenders, a couple of LTD's , a Rogue 5 string bass that was so inexpensive that I didn't even care if it sounded like crap(I like using crappy stuff for color), a Taylor 410ce, a modded cherry sunburst LP standard. I may be forgetting some. They're hanging on walls and on stands all over the house. You can see some in studio pics thread. Oh, I have been wanting a nylon acoustic but the ones I like so far are all ultra pricey-for some reason the less expensive nylons just don't do anything for me. My dream acoustic is a Taylor 816 but I cant justify the cost. Which means my GAS hasn't made me get one YET.:guitar:

I've got 4 that are complete (the Gibson LP and acoustic were bought as is). A strat build, a tele reassembled to stock after being modded. I have two in the works, a bass and another tele. After those two are built I have to decide what gets sold as I'm just about at max guitars and I still want an SG.

I currently have 45 guitars. I am considering selling a couple to raise some cash for another amp or possibly a Zoom R24 recorder. I've been retired for a year now and no longer have that bonus pay and extra cash that I used to build my collection.

I currently have 45 guitars. I am considering selling a couple...

"considering"... :laughings:

It's hard to let go, ain't it! :p

I'm also a fan.
I thought I was nuts and over the top with my 20+ guitars...but you need more help, and I need to try harder! ;)

I bought a green "Danelectro Dead'on 67"
8 years ago. It was cheap, looked cool, and had a short neck. Easy to play ? Although there are an infinite amount of better guitars on earth, me and my "Dan" have been through so much over the years, and I've grown kinda attached to it ?

Back