Votes: 707 40.2%
  • 5-8 Variety is the spice of life.

Votes: 628 35.7%
  • 9-12 I'm a serious collector.

Votes: 160 9.1%
  • Over 13 Maybe I should open a store.

Votes: 180 10.2%

• Total voters
I actually own 10 guitars in all. A 1969 Gibson Les Paul goldtop, a 1988 Gibson Les Paul Standard, 2 Fender Stratocasters, A Rickenbacker 4001 stereo bass, A Gretch Jumbo acoustic, an Applause 12 string acoustic, A Gibson SG Standard, An Ibanez 7 string electric, and an Epiphone Sheraton II. All of them have their own special sound and I use whichever fits the mood of what I am recording at the time.

I just posted my latest acquisition in the other thread. It's my first custom build- by Avalon Guitars of Northern Ireland- and it will be my twenty-sixth guitar. I'm going to thin them out though in order to buy another Avalon.

Alexisfront_zps5d72cc89.jpg

Alexisback_zps42a34ed1.jpg

Alexisbevel_zpsc3c51a32.jpg

Alexisedge_zps573ee66f.jpg

BloodwoodbindingsandEVOfrets_zps38cceba4.jpg

I actually own 10 guitars in all. A 1969 Gibson Les Paul goldtop, a 1988 Gibson Les Paul Standard, 2 Fender Stratocasters, A Rickenbacker 4001 stereo bass, A Gretch Jumbo acoustic, an Applause 12 string acoustic, A Gibson SG Standard, An Ibanez 7 string electric, and an Epiphone Sheraton II. All of them have their own special sound and I use whichever fits the mood of what I am recording at the time.

First off, excellent choice in usernames. Second, with the exception of the 7 string (and possibly the Applause), an excellent selection of axes. You do need a Fender-type bass also, but that's kind of nit-picking.

I have a nice Epiphone Hummingbird which doesn't get too much action, a crafter acoustic on the couch that gets a bit of love, I most play my MIM Strat, its about 10 years old and I love her dearly. And don't forget about the beat up squire strat in the cupboard!

I just posted my latest acquisition in the other thread. It's my first custom build- by Avalon Guitars of Northern Ireland- and it will be my twenty-sixth guitar. I'm going to thin them out though in order to buy another Avalon.

Alexisfront_zps5d72cc89.jpg

Alexisback_zps42a34ed1.jpg

Alexisbevel_zpsc3c51a32.jpg

Alexisedge_zps573ee66f.jpg

BloodwoodbindingsandEVOfrets_zps38cceba4.jpg

that is a beauty! is that brazilian rosewood back and sides? what are the woods? looks like cedar top.

IMG_1953.JPG
This gem just came in yesterday as a new addition to the collection. Had one a few years ago and sold it during a lull between moves. This guitar has one of the most comfortable necks I have ever played and this one is no different than the one I got rid of. :guitar::D

I also got a used fender CP-100 "parlor" acoustic to add to the ranks for a steal, less than $80 and it's practically brand new. That one is eh...it's a boxy sound from the small body and laminate top but it'll make a good travel guitar that won't make me cry if it gets dinged up! :D

I have a 07' Mexican Fender Stratocaster, a super rare 86 Gianini Stratosonic (brazilian guitar), a home made diddley-bo and a homemade CB guitar. I play them all through my Blues Junior amp.

Just found this thread and I love it!

The only two planned purchases were a '71 D-18 Martin (new) and a '71 ES-335TD Gibson (used from Elderly).

The rest were spur-of-the-moment.

Fender Strat Ultra (early mfg.).
1868 Ovation Elite (USA).
S-50 Guild.
R2 Jose Ramirez.
Yamaha 12 string (really cheep, needed to repair neck).
Godin 5th avenue.
Epiphone Broadway (Unsung factory, S. Korea).
Fender Jazz Bass (MIM).
214DLX Taylor (Latest purchase, just delivered).

I really love the American made guitars.

To me, the Madrid made R2 is something special (even though it is listed as a student model). Makes me want to try a cedar topped Taylor.

The imports all seem to be an excellent value and the quality of manufacture is very good (well, the Yamaha is a sad case but that's not it's fault).

Here's what I had the 1st time I posted in '06 when this thread was relatively new.

guitars2.jpg

After selling off 26 guitars and basses earlier this year, here's what I'm left with at the end of 2015:

Guitars:

'63 Gibson ES-330 TDC w/ Bigsby
'70 Gibson Cherry ES-335
'71 Gibson SG Deluxe w/ Bigsby
'72 Fender Tele Custom
'75 Fender Mocha Strat
'76 Electra MPC X-310 Black LP copy
'77 Gibson Wine Les Paul Deluxe
'78 Fender Tele Tobacco Sunburst
'79 Fender Antigua Strat
'80 Gibson Les Paul Standard (59RI)
Quilted Sunburst "Jimmy Wallace"
'80 Gibson Cream Explorer
'83 Gibson Cherry ES-335
'87 Fender Strat Tobacco Sunburst
'88 Paul Reed Smith standard 24 "David Grissom" Goldtop
'89 Gibson Heritage Cherry Sunburst LP Standard
'90 Fender 50's RI Strat "Blackie"
'91 Fender 50's RI Tele Candy Apple
'99 Tom Anderson Hollow Drop Top Classic
Cajun Red Quilt
'00 Epiphone G-400 LE Korina SG
'01 Gibson Les Paul DC Amber Quilt
'09 Fender LTD. ED. Am. Std. Daphne Blue Strat
'09 PRS DGT Sunburst
'10 Fender Olympic White Am. Standard
'12 Fender Candy Cola Am. Standard
'13 Reverend Oceanside Green Jetstream 390

Classical and Acoustic Guitars:

'49 Martin A Style Mandolin
'65 Gibson LG-0
'77 Takamine F-340S
'78 Gibson Gospel
'80 Sigma DM-3
'83 Yamaha G-231 II Classical
'98 Baby Taylor
'98 Takamine F470SS Koa
'01 Takamine CD-132SC Classical/Electric w/DSP
'03 Yamaha CG171SF Classical Flamenco
'03 Taylor 515-CE Jumbo Custom Acoustic/Electric
'04 Ramirez 1-E Classical
'05 Taylor 414-CE L10 Fall Limited
'09 Breedlove Roots OM/SR acoustic/electric
'12 Taylor GS Mini

Basses:
'74 Fender Jazz Bass Sunburst/Maple Neck
'90 Fender MIJ '57 RI Vintage White Precision Bass

Well, just for the record, Tex, I still hate you.

Unless, of course, you want to send me an amp or two, then you're my new best friend! :thumbs up:

After much soul-searching, I have decided that if you have so many guitars you can't even remember them all, then you have too many.

What I do about that remains to be seen.

After much soul-searching, I have decided that if you have so many guitars you can't even remember them all, then you have too many.

What I do about that remains to be seen.

I hate myself too sometimes for being such a guitar whore. I don't know if this is good or sad, but I can name every guitar I own by model and year.

I guess this means I don't have enough, right?:D

Texas, are you a dealer or just a wealthy collector?

I'm just a regular dude with average income who uses most of his expendable income on guitars.

I'm a SUPER hardcore pawnshop hound. I relentlessly hit pawnshops daily during my sales routes. I know most of the managers and owners of pawnshop in a 75-100 mile radius of where I live.

I get heads up on a lot of cool guitars that are coming out of pawn. Most all the good stuff never hits the floor because I usually get 1st right of refusal. If it's something worth bringing home I'll usually get the money for it and buy it that day.

I get incredible cash deal discounts on all the guitars. This is what has allowed me to build up my collection without having to spend a fortune.

I'm trying to buy as many good guitars as I can before I retire.

My son is an AMAZING multi-instrumentalist and awesome guitar player. I want to leave him a killer collection of guitars that he'll be very grateful to inherit.

The thing that allows me to buy my guitars is I don't smoke, gamble, hunt, fish, go camping, mountain climbing, sailing, play golf, tennis or an other hobby that cost money.

ALL my money goes to buying guitars.

Back